We can learn a great deal from other cultures

tube fanatic

My wife saw this and contrasted it with the unadulterated garbage which is passed off as food in this country.  The students in her class, without exception, lived on processed, chemical laden, gmo poison and were perpetually ill (no exaggeration- usually from the 2nd week of school in September, until the end of the school year, the kids had constant colds and other respiratory infections, ear infections, and just about everything else going around).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL5mKE4e4uU&ebc=ANyPxKo8_O1PvI9z8095DDO9gpaHNkGXuIKcKsSSVM-IRxqk0SreOqGrSaQkiRgnFmDwNEN2GgjJ1wwsdw26Euw1gqUSq59PMw&app=desktop

Maynard

Great video Maynard, I have seen what your wife has seen at some of the schools where I live. The way some eat today is truly sad...... Two of my sisters step grand kids eat horrible food. One is a very fine goaltender the other very good runner. Last week the boy shattered his collarbone sledding and just landed on the ground (don't know how you do this) his sister in the same week found out she has a compression fracture in her back, and doesn't know how it happened...

I just love Japanese kids they are so cute! I think it's great how the kids thank the adults so much for the lovely food. I know of one private school that serve very fresh and healthy food, the administrator told me it's not even any more expensive than the government garbage the public schools serve. 

I also like how they have to clean up after and brush their teeth. The fact they ask the kids of any illness before handling the food is very important. It's a 180 degree difference from our school systems. I am certain they learn a lot more there too. The Japanese are taught respect, something I see very little here in the states these days. 

This video should be an eye opener for us but it most likely won't be. Our educational systems have failed us.

Thank you for sharing!

-Cindy

Our educational systems have failed us.

That's one POV. I think it is we that failed the education system. After all, you get exactly the society you want. How could it be different, short of aliens taking over.

Deciders? That's us. Preparers? That's us. Funders? That's us. School board members? That's us. Look around, that's no one but us. Look at how the adults are eating. The bread, bakery and sweet department at our grocery store is bigger than the produce department. That's us, too.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yes I see what you mean, that is a more precise observation. The educational system wouldn't be the way it is if we hadn't made it that way. I guess the real question is will it ever be reversed?

-Cindy

Yes. Because the culture is changing steadily toward better health. You can see it everywhere. The popularity of whole fresh food, the awareness of food causing disease. Even the old gross chicken producers have heard loud and clear that people don't want hormones and anti biotics in their chicken, as an example. Slowly for sure, but it's progress.

Twenty years ago I didn't hear people talking about fresh food. Now, everyone is taking about it all the time. Change is slow. It's hard to SEE the grass grow, but we know it does grow!

Both Joe and Cindy make excellent points,which to me are similar to each other but worded differently.

Unfortunately, these issues always turn political on this forum. I agree it's our fault as we are the ones on the boards, but it is political when you get to the root of it.The board members are always "appointed" and when you look at states like California that appoint people who aren't even legally here, how can we expect anything different?

The minority has become the majority vote, and the majority is now the minority vote when voicing concerns over things. And I don't mean backgrounds when stating this. I mean issues like food allergies to peanuts where a whole school suffers due to a few allergic to them, kid sports like dodge ball that have been taken away and made illegal to play due to a few who aren't good at it and complain, kids who aren't rewarded for hard work and aren't allowed in some schools to be recognized for the honor roll due to a parent complaining their kid didn't make it and feels bad about themselves, so schools stop recognizing the hard workers,

States like New Jersey that now have schools where you are not allowed to have a "best friend" as it's racist and bullying because someone feels inferior because they are not Johnnies best friend. Schools that now will not allow students to hold hands as boyfriend and girlfriend, schools where teachers don't even recognize kids as male and female anymore.They are gender neutral. Schools in Wisconsin that have been sued along with the schools district for putting the kids names in newspapers that made the honor roll. Johnie's parents aren't happy and sued to have them stop because their kid didn't make the honor roll and felt bad about their own image of a slacker.

Issues by these types of people are the reason we don't have good lunch programs in schools, or don't have programs like shop, cooking, home economics,or learning basic life teachings. These people are the same people who made it almost illegal to give trophies to the winners, and not everyone for participating.

Now look at the POTUS's wife, and how she comes in making it law for kids to only eat what she deems is good, but then look at what her kids eat for lunch daily.

Yes we are the enablers, the preparers, funders, and elected board members. But we allow this to happen as we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings as if we don't agree with them, we are racists. The political correctness has gone overboard. Look where it has lead us as a country, fat overweight kids, people who feel entitled, don't have to work hard for good grades due to the "no kid left behind' laws, people who refuse to work due to the handouts given to them, and it continues.

I'm sure I'll get the same BS remarks from people on here who reply that I reply things like this for my own self worth,and things like that, but it's the truth. Do some research and you will see I'm not far off. My 15 year triplets and 11 year old also give me some insight with the school systems and jhow teachers do things and even how the districts are run.

Yes I see what you mean, that is a more precise observation. The educational system wouldn't be the way it is if we hadn't made it that way. I guess the real question is will it ever be reversed?

-Cindy

Yes. Because the culture is changing steadily toward better health. You can see it everywhere. The popularity of whole fresh food, the awareness of food causing disease. Even the old gross chicken producers have heard loud and clear that people don't want hormones and anti biotics in their chicken, as an example. Slowly for sure, but it's progress.

Twenty years ago I didn't hear people talking about fresh food. Now, everyone is taking about it all the time. Change is slow. It's hard to SEE the grass grow, but we know it does grow!

Joe,

Problem with this is that Obama just signed into law that GMOs will continue to be used, we aren't allowed to know what's really in the food, and there are no repercussions against these companies. Maybe not that simply put, but in a nutshell that's it.

The only reason we are working on health is because it's the next money maker for companies out there.

Yes, it appears we have reached our saturation point.

It's hard to SEE the grass grow, but we know it does grow!

Let it grow!

-Cindy

Cindy,

In my industry, I see many different cultures and work with them.

One of the many things I see is how they value family, their own cultures are always living next to each other, and how hard they work for what they have. They respect one another and teach their kids the same way of thinking. Do exceptional in school, work  for a living, and always try to better yourself. They have their own food stores where they buy their cultures foods and eat better than we could ever imagine. They flat out laugh at us and how we do things.

We as Americans that were born here have that lazy I'm owed attitude for things and have that I don't need to work hard for things. And that comes out in our school systems, foods we eat, and how we go about living our daily lives.

School Farms seem like a good idea to me. There may come a day when they have no choice...grow food or die...

That would be a good idea, unfortunately, all those GMOs are in our water supply and even the seeds.

You know the snow storm we had a few weeks ago in NJ that dumped 30" on us? We had news channels telling us not to eat the snow flakes as they came down as we could get sick due to all the GMOs and carbon dioxide and dirt that are in the snow flakes.

Jo, I agree that many more folks have become health conscious.  Unfortunately, their efforts to do better are being intentionally thwarted by companies like Monsanto which refuses to allow us to know what we are eating.  And, those who could stop them in their tracks are doing the exact opposite by allowing them to poison us to an even greater degree than ever before.  So, when you go to the market and pick up that nice whole wheat bread (insted of white bread), the chances are it's genetically modified and contains levels of glyphosate (Roundup) which have been shown to be extremely dangerous (check out some of the articles on the constantly increasing amounts of glyphosate being used on crops planted here).  Then you have agencies like the EPA, which is supposed to be protecting us, doing the opposite like approving the use of herbicides which are even more dangerous than the glyphosate:

http://www.centerforfoodsafety.org/press-releases/3536/epa-approves-new-24-d-herbicide-blend-paving-way-for-controversial-ge-crops

And what about this promise (approx. 29 seconds into video)?     

Instead, we get the Monsanto Protection Act!!!

I have known some Viet Nam vets who are all too aware of what Agent Orange exposure caused.  Do you want that on the food that you eat?  It seems that the more other countries ban the use of that kind of poison, the more is being used here solely to protect the financial interests of the chemical producers.  And, as Jim pointed out, even eating freshly fallen snow is now considered too dangerous a practice to be allowed.  It almost seems like a losing battle to me.

Maynard Edited by tube fanatic
  • Like 1

glyphosate (Roundup)

This has been found in water tables where people have well water and in rain as it falls from the sky. How are we going to get rid of things when they are already here?

I think it's only a matter of time before we kill ourselves off and have to start over again. I think that's abut the only thing we are good at.Killing things off.