Heathkit is back!

tube fanatic

If only I had a cool little tube amp with which to connect this...

It has a rear panel jack designed for connection to a powered speaker.  You can certainly use that to connect it to your SEP and play it through your Heresys if you wish!  Of course, AM radio is plagued by susceptibility to router/modem grunge, interference from microwave ovens, light dimmers, and all kinds of stuff which didn't exist decades ago.  But, if located strategically, it sure is usable.  Now, if you want to build a little mono tube amp to use with it......

Maynard

• Like 1

Is it me, or do the prices seem a lot higher than they used to be? LOL

But, in all seriousness, I would love to see more people building the things that they use. So many people have no idea what exactly happens when they hit the power switch. A Heathkit builder would absolutely know... and could fix it when something went wrong.

No solder required. Interesting.

This must be a new Heath Co.?

I was an AM junkie for 50 years. Until it became 99% pure crap owned by the political propagandist aholes. My AM radios pretty much sit idle.

I wonder if they can attract a new audience with this? I hope they have success.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Allied was my first AM radio @10, dad ensured there was a Heathkit on the bench every month.

Built every SSB piece they offered, built kits they sold in their store in Anaheim, trouble shoot and fix stuff kit builders would bring into the service center.

I did not see the part where there is NO soldering, that would be NO kit, they call that Lego's.

I did not see the part where there is NO soldering, that would be NO kit, they call that Lego's.

I guess you didn't read it.

"We designed this special kit, one of our Heathkit JrTM series of kits, for easy no-solder assembly by anyone. It can be your introduction to electronics, radios, and the joy of building something useful."

"We designed this special kit, one of our Heathkit JrTM series of kits, for easy no-solder assembly by anyone. It can be your introduction to electronics, radios, and the joy of building something useful."

Just like reading your posts, I read till I smell BS.

On another note:

Now the forum knows just where you come from, AM radio world eh?

Say's everything we need to know, and confirms what most think.

Just like reading your posts, I read till I smell BS.

On another note:

Now the forum knows just where you come from, AM radio world eh?

Say's everything we need to know, and confirms what most think.

Another in the endless parade of guys who don't read trying to be a Dick! They never learn.