Speaker hum and static

TylerW

Ok,so this is a brand new system and has done this from the get go. Unplug all the inputs so you just have the speakers hooked up to the receiver. Can you turn up the volume and not have the Hum/noise? Of course if you turn it way up you will have a little residual noise. Anyone that says there system has "no noise" is A) deaf or B ) A liar  :)

Did you do this? What was the result? Sorry if I missed it.

Ok,so this is a brand new system and has done this from the get go. Unplug all the inputs so you just have the speakers hooked up to the receiver. Can you turn up the volume and not have the Hum/noise? Of course if you turn it way up you will have a little residual noise. Anyone that says there system has "no noise" is A) deaf or B ) A liar  :)

p

Did you do this? What was the result? Sorry if I missed it.

I did. There is a small amount of noise on all the inputs when nothing is plugged in. When I lug the inputs in I start getting the louder buzz on those 3 inputs only

So is the noise level acceptable to YOU with no inputs connected? Also what receiver is it? It has other inputs that don't cause the problem?

When there is not input it is acceptable, as I expect a small amount of sound at higher volumes. If music is playing, you would not be able to here the small amount of sounds that the system makes on the other (none used) inputs. The current sound is only noticeable at higher volumes, that I don't often listen at right now, but knowing it's there is frustrating. 

Ok so you have proven that it is not your receiver(and of course not your speakers). To really continue further you are going to need some dummy plugs. I am assuming your equipment is unbalanced. This is a power point presentation given by the president of Jensen Transformers that explains very well what is probably goin on.

https://centralindianaaes.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/indy-aes-2012-seminar-w-notes-v1-0.pdf