jo56steph74 now Jim Naseum.....

jimjimbo

I for one could care less how many name changes someone has, or how many different times a person comes onto the forum after being booted. I see people getting booted because they "strike out against another member", but all I see on here are several cliques that watch each others backs, and those same cliques can say/do what they want without repercussion. The people getting booted say something towards another member, and that member gets protected, but in the same token also lashes out with nothing happening, or that member is the one who initially lashed out. Seems childish to me.

I can say one thing, I have been getting real bored with the forum lately as it has gone from talking about equipment and has gone to other things, the same things members complain about not wanting to see, but then posting something similar.

I came here to get an education on equipment,and aside from the 4-5 people who have taught me things, haven't been pleased with things. I know the "bashing" of if you don't like it leave will follow, but these are my opinions on things on here. I just don't see many new people on here anymore, or people that stay here for long after posting something for sale,or trying to find out pricing on something.

On the positive side of things, I have learned about speaker placement, crossovers, tube amps, wiring, how to stuff, and why about certain things. And that I am thankful for. But the constant bashing of others, not so much. If you don't like someone take it to PM. If that person rubs you the wrong way, ignore their posts. But be consistent when barring people or berating them and not letting them fight back. Make sure then other person also gets the same treatment.

And I am not talking about 1 individual here, if several people on here have changed their names,or IP addresses it's for a reason. It takes 2 to have an issue.

• Like 3

I see people getting booted because they "strike out against another member", but all I see on here are several cliques that watch each others backs, and those same cliques can say/do what they want without repercussion. The people getting booted say something towards another member, and that member gets protected, but in the same token also lashes out with nothing happening, or that member is the one who initially lashed out. Seems childish to me.

Normally the reason people get "booted" is not shared on the open forum.  What you read will very seldom give you the entire picture of what actually is going on.

• Like 2

I came here to get an education on equipment,and aside from the 4-5 people who have taught me things, haven't been pleased with things. I know the "bashing" of if you don't like it leave will follow, but these are my opinions on things on here. I just don't see many new people on here anymore, or people that stay here for long after posting something for sale,or trying to find out pricing on something. On the positive side of things, I have learned about speaker placement, crossovers, tube amps, wiring, how to stuff, and why about certain things. And that I am thankful for. But the constant bashing of others, not so much. If you don't like someone take it to PM. If that person rubs you the wrong way, ignore their posts. But be consistent when barring people or berating them and not letting them fight back. Make sure then other person also gets the same treatment.

I hear what you're saying but if you don't go down any of those rabbit holes and just choose to not participate in threads where those things are taking place, then it's all good.  My experience here is 100% positive and has been since I've joined.  I try and help people where I can, get loads of help from others enjoy a lot of humor and try to inject some myself along the way.  I don't feel that there's anyone on the forum that has any ill will against me and nobody that I have any distaste for either.  Stick around Jim, and just swim away from the drain. :D

• Like 5

I see people getting booted because they "strike out against another member", but all I see on here are several cliques that watch each others backs, and those same cliques can say/do what they want without repercussion. The people getting booted say something towards another member, and that member gets protected, but in the same token also lashes out with nothing happening, or that member is the one who initially lashed out. Seems childish to me.

Normally the reason people get "booted" is not shared on the open forum.  What you read will very seldom give you the entire picture of what actually is going on.

That's true, but there is a build up in order to get to that point, and it takes 2 to get the build up.

I have had my issue on here with one or two, and have also ironed things out with some and have come to respect their opinions. At the same time if something is going on behind closed doors, shouldn't it stay there? We are not all going to be in agreement with each other, some of us may not like each other, but if other members constantly "call out" someone for a name change or an IP address it should be squashed immediately. I don't know what goes on behind closed doors on how Klipsch and the moderators run things, and I really don't want to know. But if jo56steph74 has had name changes it doesn't affect me. I have no issue with that. If thesloth, xxjpmxx changes his name or got booted for something it has no effect on me. No one on here has an effect on me or what I do in my daily life, so I take with a grain of salt any ill commented words towards me or another member.

I understand the need for rules, and for everyone to get along, but if it's not disruptive, let them be whoever they want to be. Who cares if they rub someone the wrong way. I've had members on here post how I'm only posting to make myself feel relevant and I just laugh. If a member has to post that,that's their issue, not mine. I've had members complain they felt slighted because I called myself white trash. Aren't we all adults and isn't it up to us to get over ourselves?

Again, just my opinion.

• Like 1

I came here to get an education on equipment,and aside from the 4-5 people who have taught me things, haven't been pleased with things. I know the "bashing" of if you don't like it leave will follow, but these are my opinions on things on here. I just don't see many new people on here anymore, or people that stay here for long after posting something for sale,or trying to find out pricing on something. On the positive side of things, I have learned about speaker placement, crossovers, tube amps, wiring, how to stuff, and why about certain things. And that I am thankful for. But the constant bashing of others, not so much. If you don't like someone take it to PM. If that person rubs you the wrong way, ignore their posts. But be consistent when barring people or berating them and not letting them fight back. Make sure then other person also gets the same treatment.

I hear what you're saying but if you don't go down any of those rabbit holes and just choose to not participate in threads where those things are taking place, then it's all good.  My experience here is 100% positive and has been since I've joined.  I try and help people where I can, get loads of help from others enjoy a lot of humor and try to inject some myself along the way.  I don't feel that there's anyone on the forum that has any ill will against me and nobody that I have any distaste for either.  Stick around Jim, and just swim away from the drain. :D

I've gotten somewhat better about those rabbit holes, but every once in awhile...........

No one on here has an effect on me or what I do in my daily life, so I take with a grain of salt any ill commented words towards me or another member.

That's a great attitude.

LOL, It only took me 46.9 years to learn that.

• Like 1

So I guess me changing my name to Brock Landers is going to make people think I have something to hide?

No but it's a much better name if you aspire to be a fictional character.

There was once a guy here named CrankySolderHeadDude. Great character name! Then suddenly, I think he went on to "deanneG" or something much less character filled. Probably got beat down by the clique? Or is he the head of the clique? I can't quite recall. 

Edited by Jim Naseum

At first glance I thought it was Jim Nauseum, until I looked a little closer.  A mind is a terrible thing.

Ha. I misread it too! I thought it was Ad Nauseam.

Keith

Nothing new about guys misreading here pal. I mean, have you not read some of these dooseys?

I'm thinking about a change too. Is MarkDeneen taken?

Keith

A "DICK"....... by any other name.........

Roger

What I find endearing about your "CLIQUE" is not only that it rhymes with "DICK", but the need to highlight the punchline! Like a Leno monologue, there's a big wind up, and then an aside to those who he worries won't get it (which is most of his audience), and then finally the pitch. I mean, it is oh, so clever! 

EDIT: OMG! I almost forgot the most important part: LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Jim Naseum