jo56steph74 now Jim Naseum.....

jimjimbo

He does it all the time. He communicates with the world in cartoons of enormous intellectual depth, like this one! Most feature the finger, or farts, or....OMG!!!! Faceplants!

You wouldn't believe the amount of effort that goes into conveying deep intellectual concepts in picture form for the sake of universal understanding. and i don't recall ever posting a fart photo.

Oh, I know. Hipsters are so, well, deep.

Folks, you are chasing the wrong rabbit here!

This forum reminds me of a college. Imagine that they have dug big holes all over the campus and camouflaged them (rather like the legendary tiger pits!) Only this time, if you fall into them, they are going to offer you complete assistance and tutoring to solve your questions.

Just like on too many campuses, too many here spend all of their time crawling around on their hands and knees lest they fall into one of these 'hazards'! Such are the writings of Heyser and the text of Davis. They address the fundamental issues so many have, and they go far beyond them! So, whatever you do!!! DO NOT fall into the pit and actually increase your knowledge and understanding! This is where you stand with your hands over your ears chanting "LaLaLaLaLaLa......" lest you hear about this![ :P]

I've certainly got that feeling on occasion. :emotion-21:

Edited by Fjd

Yes, we're talking about Mark Deneen.

That's good to know.  I've been scratching my head wondering.  Even wondered if some thought it was "MAS" (who's first name is Mark too).  I was going to suggest it probably wasn't "MAS" as from what I understand, he's moved far far, very far away.

That said....and only loosely related to this thread, I once had a handful of names that I used on a card playing website.  We really need to find some Euchre players here...

Anyways, I came up with one that always gave me a chuckle:  Flatulent Aroma

Usually got an interesting reception from the lobby when I entered.

:emotion-41:  

Ok, that's it. I am going to track down this "Deneen" fellow and get the straight dope. Or, at least the straight scoop. I might as well know what the heck everyone is jabbering about. Straight from the horses mouth. 

don't your remember Mas/dragonfyr? He actually was probably one of the most respected members to ever post here.
He was alright....helped me out a couple of times.

Yes, whoever they were Mark Deneen (mdeneen) and mas both helped me and raised the intellectual level of the fourm.  It didn't bother me that they were sometimes caustic -- I miss them both.  If they are truly posting under different names, I'd like to read what they write.  If someone is quite confident that they are posting here, please let me know the names they are now using, either by sending me a PM or on the open forum.

Yes, we're talking about Mark Deneen.

That's good to know.  I've been scratching my head wondering.  Even wondered if some thought it was "MAS" (who's first name is Mark too).  I was going to suggest it probably wasn't "MAS" as from what I understand, he's moved far far, very far away.

That said....and only loosely related to this thread, I once had a handful of names that I used on a card playing website.  We really need to find some Euchre players here...

Anyways, I came up with one that always gave me a chuckle:  Flatulent Aroma

Usually got an interesting reception from the lobby when I entered.

:emotion-41:  

Ok, progress. Somebody gets it! 

This being a Klipsch speaker forum has anyone ever heard of a Klipschorn loudspeaker? Someting about a speaker you have to stick in a corner for best sound. Wierd! Or am I in the wrong place?
This is the Insult Department (apologies to the Monty Python Flying Circus’ skit The Argument Clinic).

"Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen"

Exactly!

Now read it for meaning.

(And for the others who may not be familiar... It refers to Wittgenstein's observation that in such absurd debate where words are not sufficient to tools, "About what one cannot speak, one must remain silent". As language, except perhaps via poetical inference, too has limitations just as some attribute to measurements and therefore lack meaning. The tools are 'too small' for the task at hand. And if you maintain that measurements cannot fully comprehend amplifier behavior, words are even less able.)

So, who's ahead? Chocolate or vanilla?[ ;)]

Mas is not posting.

I guess some are just not "reading it for meaning" and confusing posting for quoting.  You know how it goes, they both end with "ting" so it could happen to anyone or anybody or someone or somebody or everyone or everybody.  :emotion-14:

Edited by Fjd
  • Like 1

In my little time I have been on the forum, I've had maybe 3 interactions I know of with Mdeneen, and as per his words-master of many different things, doer of many things also. He had no issue on letting you know he was smarter than you either, whether he was correct or not.

Having said that, I could care less if he was here or not, but don't think he should have been removed whether on his own or not and not been able to come back.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - F.N.

Well, I owned myself but finally issued a letter of manumission.  Free at last!

Dave