jo56steph74 now Jim Naseum.....

jimjimbo

Haha!

Now, in addition to fundamental disagreements the irony is that you don't see the similarity here.

Some of us do.

There are very real differences between vanilla and chocolate ice cream too. The amazing thing is that one's enjoyment of either is not dependent upon their or any other's opinion of which is better expressed to another. Nor is it based on anyone else appreciating or understanding what you might prefer. And this depends least of all on some judgment of which is "better".

And just like ice cream, the differences are better appreciated in the eating rather then the endless talking where a given word does not have the same meaning from user to user.

Have fun. And I hope that another opinion of the process doesn't upset anyone too much. Some of us enjoy these discussions almost as much as perhaps you do...but perhaps for different reasons.

[ ;)]

Some people laugh at fart jokes and cartoons.  It's not a censor thing.

You mention an important point that cannot be made too strongly.

Oh sure, other components and combinations of components can certainly contribute to the overall character to discuss which flavors of ice cream that you like.

Have fun. Now back to the ice cream war...[;)][;)]

And some audiophiles are like expert wine tasters.

Edited by Fjd
  • Like 2

I just watch from the nosebleed level and wonder why any person apparently  needs so much attention constantly seeking social intercourse.

There is some need, ?compulsion?  in the individual that I am sure, would not be difficult to diagnose.?

But, then, we ALL have our baggage shit.

Me included

All shoulder different damages,

It just manifests, "acts out",  in differing ways.

I'm just eating my popcorn reading the drama.    Lars

• Like 1

At the risk or offending everyone, this is another topic that ultimately is 'much ado about very little.'!

[ :P][:D][6]

I believe that some would not be offended and would actually agree.

can we merge this thread with the marijuana thread and the fine food & music thread?

I think I'm feeling the connection, man.......

• Like 1

Mas is not posting.

Are you sure? That Fjd dude is having me wondering....

I think you have met your match in the old post search competition.
I 've just been overwhelmed! I get back from work to find Mark has come back and Nietzsche and Mas being quoted...Fwiw, this Internet bar is too surreal. Prost!
  • Like 1

can we merge this thread with the marijuana thread and the fine food & music thread?

I think I'm feeling the connection, man.......

This is a topic that I enjoy, as it pits two diametrically opposed groups directly at each other here![ :P]

The funny thing is that most do not realize the relative strengths and limitations of their respective positions.

Please clarify, marijuana or fine food or music?

For the purposes of this post, the basic characteristics were synopsized in one sentence.

This makes even the SET and cable debates look attractive as a viable waste of time.

All I have to say is WOW, you would rather debate SET and cables as opposed to someone changing their name on a forum?  That's drastic, but cool. B)