jo56steph74 now Jim Naseum.....

jimjimbo

Does anyone remember the guy who called himself Batman's Robin?

Yeah, and 'MAS' was 'dragonfyr'.

Full moon dude.

Actually, when this thread started to resurrect the dead, I figured I could go on a little archeological dig and find a few amusing fossilized remnants that seemed to fit in well on my quest to 1,500 posts. Yea, that's right, the monumental quest for 5,000 is so far away, I'm starting with a little milestone of 1,500.  But alas, the fingers are getting tired typing and 1,500 may need to wait for another day.

On a side note, most of the best material that I've found is "locked" (is that a pun?) away in locked threads and not very easy to pull as a quote.

Wow!

I'm not exactly sure what the tirade is aimed at, but for the record (is that a pun?)[ :P]

If you only knew, they have set the entrance requirements to the BS section so high, we have to resort to frivolous posts.......

most of the best material that I've found is "locked" (is that a pun?) away in locked threads and not very easy to pull as a quote

Most of the best stuff is always in locked threads.

The corollary being that the best threads are locked.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

If you have more speakers than chairs in your home...

My wife can buy chairs faster than I can buy speakers... just now... she's in process of buying EIGHT more and I get to drive to Ohio to pick 4 of them up for her...

What are we doing with the LAST 6 that she bought?

Does this make me a chairphile or just a stupid idiot?

I remember Mr. Catsup, not Mr. Ketchup, at least in your case.  Does anyone remember the guy who called himself Batman's Robin? 

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/user/32209-batmans-robin/

Hey what do you know it's his 7 year anniversary of inactivity. 

Funny, it took only 57 days and a flurry of over 300 posts for "Batmans Robin" to leave the forum and only 30 days for "john fartham" to leave; and john fartham was ready to join in on a resounding chorus of cumbaya. :rolleyes:

Of course, once the "Jubilee and passive networks - long and possibly inflammatory" thread was locked, Batmans Robin seemed to lose his sense of purpose. :emotion-14:

What he said, I would also think the seal is important.

itaseal.jpg

attachicon.gifitaseal.jpg

Your reply is very mean.  I just flat-out don't get what has made you SO ******* ANGRY! I am not going to blame this on your parents raising you bad because I believe humans are responsible for their own behavior, good or bad. Bad in your case ! ! ! Where is that bug spray ? ? ? 

I already have a puppy dog and she is much friendlier than you.

Now see what we've done.  I don't know if this was the result of Coytee poking fun at chairphiles, the posts that we made in honor of 7 year anniversary of inactivity, or Matthews "changing the identity" of that dog by dressing him up as a seal (just don't make him look too much like a Saimaa ringed seal or "they" may come for you :o ); or maybe all of the above.  Shame on us. :emotion-41:

Where in the DSM IV does the OP classify? Lars

Nice reference, lars.  :emotion-21::emotion-19::smile:

For the record, it is now the DSM V.  The Diagnostical Statistical Manual is maintained by the APA for use by mental health professionals for diagnoses.

And I assure you, each of us posting here qualifies for at least a chapter in that book.  :cool:

• Like 2

Where in the DSM IV does the OP classify? Lars

Nice reference, lars.  :emotion-21::emotion-19::smile:

For the record, it is now the DSM V.  The Diagnostical Statistical Manual is maintained by the APA for use by mental health professionals for diagnoses.

And I assure you, each of us posting here qualifies for at least a chapter in that book.  :cool:

And it has been used in courts of law.

Matthews, on 22 Feb 2016 - 4:15 PM, said: dtel's wife, on 22 Feb 2016 - 4:07 PM, said: CECAA850, on 22 Feb 2016 - 10:51 AM, said:SWL, on 22 Feb 2016 - 10:44 AM, said: What's up with the name changes? You can change your own screen name and keep all your old posts, likes, etc. The problem lately is banned members will change IP's and start up a new identity, or members who've left will do the same and act like they're someone different. And...they think we have no clue. Not sure what is going on with this thread, only read the last page. However, I changed my screen name as well. I hoped that people would notice the change and not really think twice about it. Matt 1970 just sounded so "generic". Changed it to "Matthews". That is what my Grandpa would always call me. Everyone else called me Matt but not Grandpa, I was Matthews I thought it was the name of your dog.

That is funny Jeff Matthews :D  - not once in my life have I met a dog named "Matthew".  For some odd reason, I like it :P 

yOU SHOULD NAME YOUR NEXT DOG DIOGEE

You left your CAPS lock on

Roger

• Like 1

FJD,

You did a great job bringing Mr. Dragonfyr back to life. That could become a real thing. Most arguments in audio are repetitive, so all you have to do is mine that great trove for the right snippet!

The guy obviously had a great mind. We can all enjoy that. Well OK, some of us can. Think about it. The Oracle Speaks.

I just watch from the nosebleed level and wonder why any person apparently needs so much attention constantly seeking social intercourse. There is some need, ?compulsion? in the individual that I am sure, would not be difficult to diagnose.?

twilight-zone.jpg

• Like 1

most of the best material that I've found is "locked" (is that a pun?) away in locked threads and not very easy to pull as a quote

Most of the best stuff is always in locked threads.

The corollary being that the best threads are locked.

Hey Fjd--It's actually worse for some of us that relied on what was being written to be used in latter discussions. I wasn't going to respond again in this thread, because if the OP is Mark, he was  responsible for several thousands of my posts, not only "locked" but deleted from the site as if I had never written them...That said, why come back after achieving what was wanted to be accomplished? I quoted the double middle finger pic because that is how I viewed what happened here a little over a year ago and now it appears we are back with season two....It also made me cringe when I saw the above and I for one love having conversations on topical events, but most of us realize how different the Klipsch Forum would be if allowed to do so for those that come here to escape Reality and talk about Speakers or are coming for technical advice  My 2 cents. {

• Like 1

If you only knew, they have set the entrance requirements to the BS section so high, we have to resort to frivolous posts.......

Now we have come to a point that at the time I thought was a bad idea  and you sir are the perfect example of what is wrong with the system! Well, actually those that do post frivolous posts and get in are the example. :wacko: What has been extremely obvious to me is that folks may think they want to take the time and discuss issues, but when they find out not everyone thinks like them seem to get offended quickly...for the record, Fjd gets my vote in showing the secret handshake, but at  this rate it seems "Jim" will get there before him and that is another paradox of our online community. :)   

Edited by Zen Traveler