Time to fess up

BigStewMan

I know it had to be one of you clowns ... i just read about a guy that legally changed his name to Bacon Double Cheeseburger.

he admits that he had too many drinks when the idea came about; but, said he has no regrets.

He is having discussions with his fiance, who (strangely) doesn't like the idea about marrying a Cheeseburger.

In all seriousness, if there is a such thing, are there any rules governing what a name can be?  Seems like a waste of taxpayer money to process the paperwork for such a stunt (as i doubt he spends the rest of his life with that name -- although since he loves them that much, that may not be a very long time).  

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 2

Funny, is this some type of proxy thread for the locked thread on forum name changes? _ smesna.gif

Seriously, there are actually not many restrictions on names and most rules seem to be related to practicality; however, there are differences between states.  For example, California bans diacritical marks and limits the length of the name to 26 alphabetical characters of the English language.  I guess that means a person can use each letter once without pushback. While there are a few states that ban the use of an obscenity as a name, there are states like Kentucky that have no naming laws that I'm aware of. 

http://www.gwlr.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/80-1-Larson.pdf

• Like 1

Funny, is this some type of proxy thread for the locked thread on forum name changes?

I guess ole JimmyJoJimBob didn't get the reaction he was after, and couldn't take the ensuing hilarity, faux mockery, and puppeteering?

Oh, yea, that's it.....  I have a suggestion for you...why don't you show up in Hope in May, and talk/act like you do here?  Or does your Mommy not want to drive you?

I think Steve actually did it himself and wants to gauge our reaction.

Why would he do that?  Was Del Taco already taken?

I would have thought Steve would be more original and go with something like "T Ketchup Burger" instead of something mundane like Bacon Double Cheeseburger.  Of course, he could have gone with "Del Taco Jr."

Funny, is this some type of proxy thread for the locked thread on forum name changes?

I guess ole JimmyJoJimBob didn't get the reaction he was after, and couldn't take the ensuing hilarity, faux mockery, and puppeteering?

Oh, yea, that's it..... I have a suggestion for you...why don't you show up in Hope in May, and talk/act like you do here? Or does your Mommy not want to drive you?

That's a not so veiled physical threat. Which makes you a budding sociopath.

We have to draw the line here pal.

Moderators?

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Oh, yea, that's it..... I have a suggestion for you...why don't you show up in Hope in May, and talk/act like you do here? Or does your Mommy not want to drive you?

Moderators?

LMFAO, Do not fear Jimbo, suffers from "little man syndrome"

Hey Jimbo, say hello to your wife for me. 

Edited by minermark

Moderators?

I can see how some might interpret it that way but lets get logical.  Inviting your presence where there would be lots of people (or in American legalese shall we say witnesses) is not exactly likely to be a physical threat.  It's more of a challenge of a social show up and we can all hash this out. As I previously stated, I am willing to pitch in to get you there.

Hey Jimbo, say hello to your wife for me. 

Yep Mark, exactly as expected...a.crude and stupid remark.

Seem I impress your other half, who you seem not to be able(OR Willing) to "Push The right Buttons"

HaHa jerk weed, keep smoking you're hootch, stoner.