PRV wg45-50 and other 2" options

The Dude

The Pyle Pro PDB952 driver sounds great on the ZXPC horn, did some listening test with it this morning and like it.  I think I will use this driver with the ZXPC horn on my upcoming build.  Another forum member told me how great the PDB952 sounds, especially for the price, thanks for that tip!  I found it locally for $90.00 and a real steal for the quality of this driver!!  It's built better than the Selenium D405, much heavier, and all solid heavy metal, no cheap plastic cover like the selenium driver.  I really like the sound of Phenolic drivers for

Mid and Tweeters over the Titaniums but the Selenium are staying in the CornScalas.

The PDB952 is half the cost of the Selenium driver, a great find!  Here is the Pyle/ZXPC next to the Selenium/GM450:

post-42414-0-10080000-1463766146_thumb.j

post-42414-0-33760000-1463766154_thumb.j

post-42414-0-76000000-1463766163_thumb.j

• Like 1

I think it being deeper, (long throw) helps it to be louder and more easily heard throwing the sound more towards you, where as the short throw is less in your face plus the diffraction slot constricts the sound a little more except for the vocals.  If your listening position is about 10 to 12 feet and you have sensitive hearing... might be best to go with a short throw horn, if your listening at 15 feet plus, than a long throw might be fine depending on your ears.

• Like 1

I have two spots I listen from, one being 11-13' and the other being 21-23' feet.  Once I sell my Scott and pick up an Ashly protea, I will try tri amping my system.  I have some round conical/tractrix horns I will try as a tweeter.

• 1 month later...

Just received another EV HP 640 with the DH1a driver.   I set the horns on top of the Belles and they just sound wonderful.  I have never heard these drivers on these horns.  I am glad I am have went this route, for the price it is sure hard to beat.

• 2 months later...

Sounds nice!  I've heard some really like that combo but I've not heard them yet myself.... maybe one day!  Even listening to the GM-450PB horn it sounds really nice so I'll leave them in that set of speakers.  Now I have 7 crossovers to build for 7 speaker builds.... will see how long this project takes me to complete!  It took me a whole month to complete my last build with only able to do it during my free time.  Enjoy! :)

• Like 1