Help - Tempted by Ebay

mrquery

by upgrading your speakers

roger, I've been upgrading my speaker for sometime now and have decided to invest on the KG4. I have plan to move to the cornwall but is limited by funds as of now. Are you suggesting cornwall (or alike) with the budget I have? thanks. 

Chris,

Have you considered bumping your budget by just a little and going with Forte' II or chorus II speakers?

Roger

Cris,

Where are you located?

I have the forte II as well as I said the KG 4.2. Depending on your ears the forte II can tend to be very bright if you do the crossovers or tweeter diaphrams. Same as the KG's, but the KG's aren't as focused as the forte II's can be with placement. I've done both sets over with the Crites crossovers and titanium tweeter diaphrams and actually like the sound better on the KG's as the forte II are much more brighter to me now. I'm also in the minority though with saying this, so take it with a grain of salt.

Again, take the KG 4 and set them up and use the SET for awhile on them to get used to sound and placement. Being your speakers also have rear passives they are going to be more placement dependent. When you go onto listening to heavy metal or rock, get yourself the SEP, or PP Integrated.

I am into several different types of music and love blaring it at all levels, so I have 3 amps. The SET for critical, the SEP for deep bass and crisp highs and more rock, and the PP Integrated for when I want to blare things. I purchased an amp switch as well as an audio switch that are both manual and not powered and have no issues with them in my system. Remember as well on the tube amps, there is a sweet spot on the volume where you'll get the sound quality each one was designed to do, and anything lower or higher will result in a loss on SQ.

by upgrading your speakers

roger, I've been upgrading my speaker for sometime now and have decided to invest on the KG4. I have plan to move to the cornwall but is limited by funds as of now. Are you suggesting cornwall (or alike) with the budget I have? thanks. 

Chris,

Have you considered bumping your budget by just a little and going with Forte' II or chorus II speakers?

Roger

Tempting.. how much would be an acceptable / reasonable price for forte II and cornwall?

with the Crites crossovers and titanium tweeter diaphrams and actually like the sound better on the KG's

Hmm.. been wanting to hear the upgraded version of the KG's. I'm from Lombard, IL btw.

I hear you on the SQ and agrees that there's NO 1 amp to do it all. With that said I am looking for a sweet amp with somewhat rolled of highs and steroid bass (midbass). And it should be noted that VOCAL / VOICE is top most on my list.