"Jubilee-style" Bass Bin give away

PrestonTom

It is Friday and these are still in the basement. 

Use your imagination guys, there are so many ways you could fit them into your system.

Think: Center channel, side or rears, stand alone, wall of sound. 

I even have a spare pair of woofers, electronic crossovers, tweeter horn and driver. So in addition to the free bass bins, this could be one stop shopping.

-Tom

It is Sunday morning and I went down to the basement. A pair of empty "Jubilee-style" bass bins are still in the corner. They are free for the taking and I am simply astonished that no one has stopped by. There has been interest, but no follow up. 

Certainly, someone can provide these a good home. 

I woke up this morning and bass bins are still in the basement. 

Take a look at the photos, open up your imagination, and visualize how these could fit in your system. 

Drivers and a horn are available in my other Garage Sale posts.

This is an opportunity for someone!

2 hours ago, moray james said:

put them on ebay asking a stupid price and I imagine they will sell. that no one has taken these off your hands to me is amazing and upsetting all at the same time. good luck and thank you for you most generous offer to members here.

I agree it is upsetting.

This would be a much better upgrade than 90% of the suggestions I see on these forums. The jubilee is a fantastic system and this is a way to augment it with a killer center channel or as rears. What is crazy is that the necessary drivers, tweeter horn and crossover are also available and affordable. 

-just my two cents ....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, moray james said:

20 minutes ago, dtr20 said:

I would be all over this, I just haven't made it over to that area of ct in awhile. Going there next month, I doubt they will be there still

The map shows Connecticut is next to Massachusetts. You can't be that far away. 

Come on down .....

The map shows Connecticut is next to Massachusetts. You can't be that far away. 

Come on down .....

I was in Somers ct a couple of weeks ago, but it was a weeknight and I couldn't swing both locations

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

How would you mate these to La Scala's?  Sorry to sound ignorant, but how would the wiring and crossover be configured?  Place these bins under the LS?

The bass bin would go a bit lower then the La Scala bass bin. So one could use the mid and tweeter from the La Scala and place it on top of the bass bin (this would require some "basement carpentry skills"). I am not sure it is worth it however.

A better idea is to scrap the La Scala (I hope no one gets offended, it is only a suggestion) and use these in a two-way configuration. One possibility is a K-510 horn on top (I have a single for sale, BTW) or a K-402 on top (the big one, and they are hard to find used). 

In terms off crossover, use a DSP unit (just by coincidence I have some for sale also). So many possibilities. 

I have done some demos in the living room. The K-510 horn on top of the La Scala (creating two-way system) certainly sounded better than a stock La Scala. Also, a K-510 horn on top of the "Jubilee half bin" sound much better than a stock La Scala. If one does go this route, it is so much easier if you go over to the dark side and give up  passive crossovers and embrace active, DSP crossovers. I know that some would consider that to be heretical view. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

True to the spirit of a give away, these have been given away. 

The basement is only slightly less cluttered. 

I still have the pair of Klipsch woofers (K-31s)

I still have the JBL 2445 driver

I still have the Klipsch K-510 horn

I still the ElectroVoice dx38 DSP crossover

I still have the NIB Behringer DCX 2496 DSP crossovers

Looks I still have some work to do.

• Like 2