"Jubilee-style" Bass Bin give away

PrestonTom

If you are sitting on the fence about this because you are concerned about the getting a high frequency horn to match, I may have a solution. In my stash of used gear I have a a single K-510 horn (the little brother to the modified tractrix K-402 horn) and a JBL 2445 driver. I am sure we could work out a package deal depending on what you need.

I might even have an extra Electrovoice Dx38 DSP crossover in the basement. 

I think you get the idea on why the basement is overflowing.

With this new forum software, editing a thread does not bump the topic. 

Here we go with the bump ......

Glad you are here please look at the new price. Temptation is around the corner.

revised ... They can be stacked and function as a regular Jubilee bass bin. Or they can be split and function as a pair of rear speakers (bass bins). Or you can use one (or both) as the bass bin of a center channel. If the last possibility interests you, then ask me about the Klipsch K-510 horn (little brother to the big K-402 used on the Klipsch Jubilee system). I also have one of these available with a JBL driver. The combination would give a reasonably sized center channel that would keep up with Jubilees or K-Horns. The bass bins are half size, only 21 inches tall. They will easily fit beneath a HT screen.

I am shocked also. I am biased of course, but I think these would be a perfect center channel. There is even a K-510 horn available to make it complete.

I am guessing that some are shy if the components are not a completely turn key system. With a bit of vision, these will be perfect for someone.

Interesting possibility. I had toyed with similar ideas. Depending how tall your ceiling is, one could stack a "half bin" on top of the regular bass bin (so you now have 3 woofers per side).

Alternatively, you could place them in the middle and augment the lower end response (and set the crossover a little lower in frequency to avoid lobing).

If you place them well to the side (and cross them lower) you could even out some room response anomalies (due to room nodes). 

If you mean orienting the cabinet so it is on its side. I did try a mock up version of that and it sounded pretty good. The footprint was smaller and that was a big plus. 

Honestly, at this price why not just give it a try.

Some folks might be concerned about getting some of the other pieces that you could add to the free bass bins.

Let me make it easy for you, Here are some of the other items that I need to clear from my basement. When combined with the bass bin(s) you could create a complete center channel etc.

Also for sale are the following

1. Electro-Voice dx-38 DSP crossover (used) for $399

2. Single K-510 horn (the little brother to the K-402). This is a modified Tractrix horn with a 2 inch throat and is constant dispersion (CD). There is a photo of one on top of a single bass bin. I can let this go for $225

3. JBL compression driver. This would mate well with the K-510 horn. I have two of these. One is a JBL 2446J and the other is a JBL 2445J. I can let either of these go for $125. The diaphragms are OEM and in good shape

4. Behringer DCX 2496 UltraPro (DSP crossover that is 2 in & 6 out). This is new in box (a project that never took off). It was opened to make sure it was working and then re-packed (I have all the manuals and packaging). I can let this go for $225.

5. Pair of K-31 woofers (these are the drivers used in the Klipsch Jubilee bass bin and you would need one for each "half-bin"). I can let these go for $275 a pair. 

I hope these extra pieces can help your project. 

Remember, the pair of "Jubilee half bins? are now free for the taking. 

20 hours ago, babadono said:

Wow what a generous offer! But alas I am still way too far away:)

I don't think  Murrieta is too far away from Connecticut.

I grew up in So. California decades ago. In your vicinity, as I vaguely recall, there was Lake Elsinore and very little else around there. I guess all those areas have grown up. I even remember driving from LA to San Diego you would hit very little traffic, if any at all. Times change ...

However, back on topic, it is time for someone to get the makings of a kick butt center channel (or rears). 

I think somebody should get the empty cabs and bring them home.  Stick them in both corners as horn subs.  Maybe to mate with belles or scalas.  Put BC 12BG100 in each corner cab and make some noise.

I'd pick these up if I were close by.

I think somebody should get the empty cabs and bring them home.  Stick them in both corners as horn subs.  Maybe to mate with belles or scalas.  Put BC 12BG100 in each corner cab and make some noise.

I'd pick these up if I were close by.

You sound like your talking to me.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, PrestonTom said:

I don't think  Murrieta is too far away from Connecticut.

Well its closer than the moon I guess:P

Yea things are different around these parts than you probably remember. Officially 300-400,000 people in the greater Temecula  valley area. I think its closer to a million, that's why I live up in the hills.

GLWS or should I say give away.

1 hour ago, RetiredUSA said:

phooey

reread the first post and noticed this time these are made of MDF.....wife is allergic to mdf so unfortunately...now have to pass.

Partly because of my obsessive side and partly my concern about moisture and MDF, I applied several coats of paint to both the inside and outside. These guys are well sealed. Yes, the drivers are available.