new home theater

Budman

• 2 months later...

Yes I am late to the party myself,   any updates.

I like barnwood walls. Rustic and manly, and yet has high WAF

I do as well.  However one has to take into account that these are just fads, and in about 5-10 years you will need to do something to update.  I guess its my thinking, but when I finish my room, I don't want it to be dated in that amount of time. 

update

basement is on hold ( warmth ) because my lawn service started late march. moved outside and i have built a 12x12 and a 12x16 deck off the back of my ranch house with a 12x20 slab of concrete in between them. pictures coming soon

• Like 3

Yes I am late to the party myself,   any updates.

I like barnwood walls. Rustic and manly, and yet has high WAF

I do as well.  However one has to take into account that these are just fads, and in about 5-10 years you will need to do something to update.  I guess its my thinking, but when I finish my room, I don't want it to be dated in that amount of time. 

I don't know that it's going to be outdated in a decorating sense, but it does get old due to being stuck with it.  I lived in house with a cedar plank interior for 15 years, all kinds of dust gets stuck in the wood and it's really hard to clean, it's dark, you can never change the colors, you're stuck with rustic decor, just gets old when you live with it every day.  

framing out my basement for some k-horns     maybe a lascala center      Projector

18' wide x 24 deep

If you haven't attached the barnwood yet, screw and glue a layer of 3/4" plywood on the studs, then screw and glue the barnwood over that, staggering the seams.  Maximum rigidity for Khorns, which will shake your world! 

... one has to take into account that these are just fads, and in about 5-10 years you will need to do something to update. I guess its my thinking, but when I finish my room, I don't want it to be dated in that amount of time.

My favorite houses are 100 or more years old.  If I had one of these, I might consider upgrading it (e.g., earthquake retrofitting, etc), but never updating it in appearance.  I feel the same way about furniture, speakers, etc.  When I hear realtors or decorators talking about updating, it makes me shiver in revulsion.  Someday I might replace my Klipschorns with the most upgraded version of the Jubilees.  But I might build a nice, big, antique looking faux frame around them, with grille cloth.

• Like 1