Survey of listening room sizes

Chris A

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 2 months later...

17' X 17' Living Room with 11" Vaulted ceiling. 
Also, padding and carpet on the floor. Opening for hall and entry door off in one corner. Glass patio door covered with sheer drapery. 
Im surprised how easily the RF-7 bass can be changed by how far they sit from the wall.

Pat

Edited by PatP
More complete comment.

• 2 weeks later...

The room my system will be in is a total of 680 square feet and a little over 6,100 cubic feet, but it is not a typical configuration.

The listening space is 17 X 18 with the speakers on the 17' wall. The left channel speaker has a side wall, but the right is open to the larger space. I've attached a PDF drawing of the room if anyone is interested. We haven't moved back into the house yet, so I don't know how it is going to sound and what problems I might encounter.

Basement.pdf

• 5 weeks later...

17 ft X 19 ft

Ceiling is barrel shaped running along the 19 ft length with a max height of 14 ft. the barrel shape adds 4 ft to the 10 foot side walls. One 19 ft side opens up to a dinning room

La Scala's are place against the 17 ft wall

Room is 22' 4" long x 11' 7" wide. Ceilings are 8' 2".

Two La Scalas are on the short wall. One THTLP subwoofer is in the corner behind one La Scala, the second THTLP subwoofer is in the diagonal corner.

No room treatment (yet) but it's definitely needed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2022 at 5:11 PM, Speed said:

Absolutely...

3.jpeg

Very nice.  My room’s just slightly bigger, at 18’ x 19’, but I can barely squeeze in a pair of La Scala IIs on the long wall.  They have the K402 horns from the Jubilee sitting on their cabinets, and the extra width of the 402 horns means that they extend over the neighbouring furniture or components.  With that setup, there isn’t room for the Jubilee bass sections, unfortunately.  I must declutter!

UPDATE JUNE 30 2023  I omitted the ceiling height, which is 8 feet.  The left side has a picture window and a sliding door to the balcony/sunroom, while the right side has a wood-burning stove that's surrounded by speakers.  That means there's a wall there, but it only extends halfway across the room, then it opens to the dining room and a corridor.  It's technically not exactly ideal, but whose room is, right?

The floor is covered with plush carpet, which soaks up some echo, I would think.  The floors have never been bare, so I'm guessing at what the carpet may do.

JUST THE FACTS:  THE ROOM IS 18'X19'X8', with a thick wall-to-wall carpet.

Wonder if Chris A is still collecting this info?  I haven't seen him post for a while.

• 1 year later...
On 4/24/2022 at 10:54 AM, CWelsh said:

Telling my wife we need to declutter would probably go over much better than saying we need to get our priorities straight. 😃

Wife gone. Small Room of 8h x 11.5w x 16.5deep. 1,500 cu. ft. Smaller than the rest. I have SH-50's to compensate for the small room with precise placement of my Head for flattest low frequencies and perfect viewing distance as well as listening. It's a great Marriage according to the Horn Heads that have heard it.

• 1 month later...