Survey of listening room sizes

Chris A

Please list your listening room(s) dimensions (width x length x height).

And if you have any acoustic treatments...list those too, and approximately where they're placed.

For instance:

My listening room is 15.5 feet x 39.5 feet x 9 feet (~4.7 x 12 x 2.7 metres).  I have two bass traps in the front corners behind the front loudspeakers - 2' x 4' x 4" thick.  Elsewhere around the front three loudspeakers I have 20-24 Sonofiber squares on the front wall and on the side walls to absorb early midrange reflections in order to improve imaging.

A picture for reference:

med_gallery_26262_6_1571719.jpg

Chris

Edited by Chris A
  • Like 1

This survey is for everyone, not just frequent posters to the forum.  Feel free to contribute--there are no wrong answers.  This information will be useful to all of us, including Klipsch.

If your room is irregular shaped (i.e., open on one side) or angled/L-shaped, list that, too, with the approximate dimensions of the extra parts of the room not  in the prime listening area.

Chris

• Like 2

I will post a pic here shortly. But mine is right around 15x32x8, 15' wide 32' deep and 8' tall, give or take a little. But I currently have no treatments as i am waiting to finish the room. My room seems to be constantly under construction.

4be89b88f12492e7ff977f9cbc2fc396.jpg

Edited by duder1982
  • Like 1

36' x 35' x 12' walls with vaulted ceiling up to 20'.

It is no wonder you need those 1200 watt mono blocks to get that much air moving JC ;)

It also explains a lot about your trials to build a better mouse trap with Bass bins if anybody knows about your listening preferences :)

We need to fly some KP-600s in there!

Oh, and pictures or it didn't happen.... You know the drill ;)

Rog

Edited by twistedcrankcammer
  • Like 1

15 x 20'4" x 9' with the screen on the long wall so four seats in a single row could be used comfortably.  

One Knauf 6'x6' panels on each side for early reflections.  These are covered in custom drapes made of commercial grade crushed panne velvet.  

Four Knauf 2'x4' panels on the back wall.  

Two Knauf 2x4 panels on the sides near the back, between the 6x6 panels and the back wall.  

Usually Knauf ceiling and wall liner behind the screen, which is typically built out a little, but I'm redoing this area so the screen is just hanging on the wall and I'm using a traditional center channel temporarily.  

finished_1.jpg

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 3

Height?  That's the most important dimension as it turns out, because it's usually the shortest dimension.

Front wall is 19.5'

Side is 17.25'

Back wall is offset and only 16' due to 3-1/2' x 8' taken by a closet.

Ceiling is vaulted... starting 6' up the wall with a peak at 10'.   Dealing with the vaulted ceiling made getting the imaging right very difficult.  The current front wall is the only location possible if I want a good image.  Unfortunately, I get some booms and slight nulls as a result no matter where I place my seat.  Tube traps and panels have helped but I still have more work to do.  More diffusion and absorption might both help but I think I need a new room.

• Like 1

My "mancave" is still under the process of getting fixed some with a leaky roof,and I am upgrading my 84" screen to a 110".

post-59264-0-81240000-1456861835_thumb.j  post-59264-0-35960000-1456861845_thumb.j

My room measurements are 14' wide x 24' long x 8' high.Still have the smoked mirrors and 70's carpeting in it with wood paneling, but for me for now it will do.

• Like 1

16w x 25l x 8h

Room is still under construction.

Rear riser is a vented broadband absorber - all vented along room boundary.

Wood columns at 9' and 16' from front wall.

In between each column will be 6 panels evenly spaced : 2x2 on top row, 2x3 on bottom row -- gaps lined up with column trim.

Bass traps in rear of room, and rear wall/ceiling corner

And bass traps behind the front speakers in corners.

Haven't decided yet on diffusion.... As my ceiling will be bare drywall.

theater is 11'8" wide and 23' deep. ceiling height is 7'6"  treatments include acoustic panels at the first reflection point. 2'x4' 

living room is 11' wide and 17' deep. completely suspended room. magical for subwoofers. no treatments except carpet and drapes. 

Room is 20' wide, 14' deep with 10' ceilings... LaScalas are on the long wall. No current room treatments, but it could use some to deal with the high frequency slap echo.

The ones in the corners appear to be wider? Are those La Scala II?