KP301 K48K replacement woofer options

zipper

KP301 K48K woofer replacement

Thinking of picking up a pair of KP301's but they dont have the original K48K woofers. What is a suitable replacement Klipsch woofer if i can't find K48K woofers or aftermarket closest possible match. No they do not include original damaged baskets or i would just recone and be all smiles.

comments and options welcome. 

Thanks guys

Chris

I know the pro cabinet k-48's are 8 ohm but the Chorus I & II k-48 are 4 ohm. Last I checked Klipsch still offered new replacements for around $250 shipped? This was a few years ago that I called them so they may not offer them any more. Those Kappa Pros's look decent if no other option, good luck!

I know the pro cabinet k-48's are 8 ohm but the Chorus I & II k-48 are 4 ohm. Last I checked Klipsch still offered new replacements for around $250 shipped? This was a few years ago that I called them so they may not offer them any more. Those Kappa Pros's look decent if no other option, good luck!

Are the home versions stamped steel and the Pro versions cast Aluminum, or are they all cast Aluminum?

I may have some cast Aluminum versions, but if I can't find any K-46 woofers, I may have to recone these for my needs.

Roger

I can only add that the K48 came in a few varieties as did lots of other klipsch drivers. I took this from AudioKarma for reference. 

So i hope this helps others here. 

the K48E as touched on above(irish) the Eminence driver is probably very close. I am gonna guess its going to be a cost over original evaluation. How much do i have to spend to get close or the original.

Thanks for the input and i hope the list below helps others.

The last letter "E" in K-48-E = they were made by Eminence on the woofers. Pyle made the "K" series for Klipsch. Klipsch had several different woofer vendors over the years. 

Example: K-33-E would be the "Klipsch", part type 33 (15") woofer from Eminence. The suffix letter code generally referred to the Klipsch assigned origin/ manufacturer of the driver.

B = CTS (Chicago Telephone Supply), Brownsville TX

P = CTS in Paducah KY (woofers only)

R = Rola (an additional "R" either stamped or handwritten also indicated replacement (often seen on K22's and K- 24's)

D = K-77-D; From 2006 to the present. Essentially a K-77-F (see below) with an integral recessed mounting flange. Permits flush mounting of the tweeter from the rear, per the “Z” brackets for pre Feb 1983 Klipschorns (KH Update kit: part # 1006969)

F = Philippines supplier that purchased the EV tooling (e.g. K-77-F)

EV = Electro Voice (early K-33's e.g. "EV-15WK", also EV 1828 was used as the K-56 for Cornwall in 1974)

G = Atlas (for K-55-G for Cornwall 1981-1983)

J = Jensen (Also used for University drivers in mid- 1950s; e.g. K-5-J - University model 5A HF, and SAHF)

H = Heppner (K-52-H in Cornwall-II’s)

K = Klipsch (Pyle - Klipsch purchased Pyle and drivers were assembled in Hope Arkansas and at Pyle in Huntington, Indiana)

E = Eminence (Primarily woofers)

V = Atlas (see also notes below)

M = Electro Voice (also for the Eminence K-33-M in 1967)

X = Atlas (e.g. K-55-X)

Ti = Titanium series (new design with titanium diaphragms)