Palladium's Heavily Discounted

rgdawsonco

In my opinion, the Palladiums are speakers that require optimal settings to achieve maximum results. No different than Khorns needing corners. If you have a good room to put them in, by all means get them. Nobody should spend even that amount of money on speakers only to stuff them into a too small space, or in the case of the P37f's, too large a space. And don't buy the P37f's unless you can buy the matching sub. I can't speak for the 38s or 39s, but the 37s need help at the lower end.

Some of the listings are for the right hand speaker, others are for the left.

Of course, the P-39F's come in left and right, but the price is still half MSRP and the same appears so for the rest of the line.  I take this as a sign they are being discontinued, but I have not read that anywhere other than a post where someone said they "heard" that they were being discontinued.  

In my opinion, the Palladiums are speakers that require optimal settings to achieve maximum results. No different than Khorns needing corners. If you have a good room to put them in, by all means get them. Nobody should spend even that amount of money on speakers only to stuff them into a too small space, or in the case of the P37f's, too large a space. And don't buy the P37f's unless you can buy the matching sub. I can't speak for the 38s or 39s, but the 37s need help at the lower end.

I am thinking about P-17B's or the P-37F's along with the P-27C center paired with my existing sub, a klipsch RT-10d.  But I sit only 12ft away from them, and of course no way to try before I buy.  My old KLF-20s/KLF-C7 work well in this room/setting, so I'm guessing the Palladiums would, also, but I'm not sure.

• Like 2

There's a dealer in the midwest that is openly telling the world that palladiums are going bye bye.  Supposedly got that information from a big rep.  I tried to confirm but I was told that Hope is still ordering parts to build new ones.  This kind of stuff makes one wonder though.  

• Like 1

I am thinking about P-17B's or the P-37F's along with the P-27C center paired with my existing sub, a klipsch RT-10d.  But I sit only 12ft away from them, and of course no way to try before I buy.  My old KLF-20s/KLF-C7 work well in this room/setting, so I'm guessing the Palladiums would, also, but I'm not sure.

I am sitting about 12 feet from my 37s and I think that is just about perfect for them.

A couple things about the Palladiums that I would like to pass along: You aren't likely to get dollar for dollar improvement in sound quality over another Klipsch speaker, especially the Heritage. You are certainly paying for the craftsmanship. And also, for me anyways, their ability to recreate sound was something that, out of the box, wasn't immediately apparent.

I A/B tested them against my Khorns for a good while before I moved them into their permanent location. I could tell right away - even in the bigger room with the Khorns that I liked the mids and highs better. Their reproduction was smoother with more clarity; not as harsh, certainly. But they also cannot perform on the scale of the Khorns - they just cannot recreate the soundstage, due to their size.

But even after I put them to work in my home theater I could appreciate their abilities even more, as time went by. I have come to expect that if I want to 'crank it up' and let my hair down, I go to the Khorns. But if I want to experience the music and relax, I turn to the Palladiums every time.

Edited by Bella
  • Like 1

There's a dealer in the midwest that is openly telling the world that palladiums are going bye bye.  Supposedly got that information from a big rep.  I tried to confirm but I was told that Hope is still ordering parts to build new ones.  This kind of stuff makes one wonder though.

Maybe Chad can chime in and give us some insights?

Probably wishful thinking but if that Espresso P312W ever gets down to $1,500, i would probably jump. I have always wanted to try out that bad boy!

It's a very smooth sub.

Call me when Jubs are half off------- PLEASE!

The singles are.

Am I mistaken that the Jubilee isn't a production speaker? I've never seen them for sale on the Klipsch website.

This ^ needs more love...

Fwiw, the palladiums have already been on sale for several months now.

Call me when the Jubs are half off------- PLEASE!

Love,

babadono

Edited by babadono
  • Like 1

This ^ needs more love...

Fwiw, the palladiums have already been on sale for several months now.

Call me when the Jubs are half off------- PLEASE!

Love,

babadono

You may want to not hold your breath as you await this.  :)