Possible new center channel

dtr20

My father keeps suggesting that I get a reference center channel that is meant for TVs to sit on. I know next to nothing on the reference series stuff. I have a 60" tv currently. For my fronts, I am running KLF 30s and a kv-3 center. The center channel sits on the floor pointed up to the main listening position. I don't have room for the center channel in or on my tv stand, that's why it rests on the floor. I know that the KLF c7 it's the center channel that would match in timbre, but that is way too big. I bought an academy argue back, but the wife vetoed the size of it very quickly, so I ended up getting the kv3. I know that the reference series don't really match the KLF series, but is it really bad? The center channel can't be too big, so we aren't looking up too much at the tv. Thanks for any help you can offer.

• Like 1

I have the rp-450c and I have my 65 in curved tv on top of it. The 450-c's are rated for 100lbs. Not sure how it would match up with your klf -30s though. You probably would be better getting the rc-64ii imo.

• Like 1

Please ignore the cat toys, especially the boxes around the room for the cat.

The smaller speakers are KLF20s, but they are not staying there for too much longer.  I kept them there after I put the KLF30s in place so I could A+B compare them for other people.

post-59027-0-55280000-1456964655_thumb.j

Edited by dtr20

Looks like you have some very spoiled cats! I'd go with a RC-64 II and sit the TV right on top of it. It looks as though you could possibly remove the feet off of your TV cabinet to make up for some of the added height. Good luck!

Edited by jjptkd

I can't wall mount the tv, there are two windows directly behind the tv

My issue also with 3 big windows. Google TV risers to use over the center if you don't want to rest the tv directly on the speaker. Would be easy to build with minimal skills. I just modified a matching bench out of the same collection as my media console. I wanted my tv up higher anyways so it worked out fine.

Here's the ones I was thinking about on Amazon and their direct website. I believe they will make any size you need.

http://www.amazon.com/Syracuse-TV-Risers-LARGE-BLACK/dp/B00AQ8IQ70

http://www.syracusetvrisers.com/

large-black-tv-riser.png

Edited by Tasdom

• 3 weeks later...

I am in the process of building a shelf to put my TV on.  I am making different size legs to gradually get the TV higher.  I will start with putting my KV-3 in there, and I just picked up a KLF-C7 yesterday, so that will be after we adjust.  I may be taking the feet off of the TV stand.  Thanks guys.

I would definitely agree with the RC-64ii I recently got the RP-450C and it's nice but I do wish I held out and got the RC-64. The RP-450C does not seem to be quite as high in sound quality as my mains but it's also only been about 2 days so it could be that it still needs to break in. 

• 3 months later...
I made a shelf for my tv to sit on, and the klf-c7 to sit underneath.

My wife hates having the TV "up" like that for aesthetic reasons, but I am just the opposite in that practicality is most important. 

When I sit back in my recliner with my head back, slightly "up" is the most natural position where my eyes point.  Since I wear glasses I have to look out the exact center or the image is not clear.

Your setup would be just right for me, and your KLF C7 is on my "want to buy" list.  B)

Edited by wvu80