SOLD-NAD C162 pre-amp-SOLD

Ski Bum

Kind of a feeler on this.  I have an NAD C162 I no longer have use for.  I was hoping someone here may want or need such a thing.

About the unit:

-Mint condition, original packaging, manual, remote

-typical old school goodies (respectable phono pre, dual tape loops, tone controls)

-dual pre-outs, hot enough (14v) to drive low input sensitivity amps to full power, and one set of pre outs that can be reduced 0-12 db.  This gives a bit more flexibility than the typical stereo pre amp and comes in handy if you use multiple amps for whatever reason.  I've used them to feed the main amp for the fronts and an auxiliary amp for Hafler Dynaquad-style rear channels, and to feed the flea watter and the backup big amp simultaneously (I switch back and forth, depending on the demands for loud and proud or more low key, seductive sound).  The extra pre outs can be used for bi-amping, or for another zone/room.

I have no real idea what these go for, but a couple of benjamins would tempt me.  I can post pictures if necessary.

Edited by Ski Bum
  • Like 1

Those are quite good preamps, for sure. I was a manufacturers rep for NAD for 9 yeas and they were great people to work with and 2 channel products performed very well. If I didn't already have a highly modified Carver C-1 with added remote control, I'd buy it now. GLWS

• Like 1

Hi Ski Bum, The NAD C-162 really interests me. I used to have a NAD 1020a and loved the thing. It was very musical, sensitive and had all the inputs I needed. After coming from Onkyo P-301 and another Onkyo P-3150v both having remotes and motorized volume controls. Now I'm using a Dynaco Pat-4 ss pre. I've been on the site for ages but for unseen difficulties had to re register. I live in central Jersey 08859 and would like to know where if the stars align was coming from. Is the off handed 2 bills a firm price ?

If not mentioned Leftwinger is the s/n and lets go by Lew.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi SKI BUM, I finally figured out how to access the p/m section of the forum.

I'm still very interested in your NAD C-116 pre/amp. IF we could, since I live off the gov't dole $200 at one time is not happening. if there is shipping it also adds to my grief.

Could you take a U..S..P..M. order hold on to it and then  by May should be covered. I live in New Jersey 08859. There has been no movement on the device and  already down to page 6.I could use it mostly because I had a NAD 1020a and loved it but no remote. The C116 has every input and the all important remote. Think about it. there is no scam your holding the cash and by any chance did the offering price bump a bit or is shipping gone away ??

Leftwinger57 to the forum, Lew to you...