3 Hottest Sounding Women in Music (since mass marketed recordings)

Wolfbane

Windmills, especially the version from the Thomas Crowne Affair, belongs in the music to off yourself thread.

Careful about dropping clues, those guys in the SNL thread are going to try and make you listen to it 24/7.

Pink is really good too

Mark

There's a few female singers I really enjoy but are too raspy and aggressive for me to consider to be "hot".  Pink is one of them.  Garrisson Star is a close second.  

Sarah McLachlan is probably the best of both worlds.

I guess I like the GROWL or raspy sound in their voice, reminds me of purring LOL

Mark

when you can make a woman purrr,  you are a keeper....

:emotion-25:

• Like 2

Good luck with that.  I keep the sound off on my computer.  Always have.

Windmills, especially the version from the Thomas Crowne Affair, belongs in the music to off yourself thread.

Careful about dropping clues, those guys in the SNL thread are going to try and make you listen to it 24/7.

Pink is really good too

Mark

There's a few female singers I really enjoy but are too raspy and aggressive for me to consider to be "hot".  Pink is one of them.  Garrisson Star is a close second.  

I guess I like the GROWL or raspy sound in their voice, reminds me of purring LOL

Mark

when you can make a woman purrr,  you are a keeper....

:emotion-25:

LMAO, Maybe that's why I never married one. I lived with a couple of them, that was enough :D :D :D

Mark

I'm stunned that nobody has mentioned the late, great Songbird herself Eva Cassidy.  I'll take her with my number one pick.  Dusty Springfield is my number two.  And let's go with Shelby Lynne at number three.  Pat Benatar is my top Honorable Mention.

• Like 1

Pink is really good too

Mark

Mark

Ertha Kitt maybe?

Lots of good input, but Janis Joplin?, Miley Cirus?????...... WTF!!!

It would seem there are at least 2 forum members who need hearing aids urgently.  But thank goodness my hearing is superb, and therefore, I'm going to throw the name Yoko Ono out there, and see how many other big fans we have.

Seriously..... no one has mentioned Amy Winehouse..... come-on boyz, her voice oozes hot mama.

• Like 1

I'm going to throw the name Yoko Ono out there, and see how many other big fans we have.
 An acquaintance of mine, Don Van Vliet, aka...Captain Beefheart told me of a time that he was recording in the same studio as John Lennon.  John Lennon asked that he be removed from the studio. Don told me, “all i said was that Yoko Ono looked like a polliwog with mascara.” That guy was sure a character.