Palladium Owners - Do you love them?

rgdawsonco

• 3 weeks later...

i love my p39f . i just came back from a gadget show here in Uk where i listened to a kef reference dolby atmos set up and then i listened to it in stereo . the kefs do sound good but i prefer the palladiums  the mids seem to have more warmth and soul the kefs reference 5 were lacking in that area . i also felt that palladiums have a bigger sound stage but it might that it was just the setup in the show that wasn't really meant for stereo 

In either case, I will be using a sub and crossing over to the mains at 40-60Hz as recommended in the Palladium brochure, so maybe that would mitigate not being able to get them away from the back wall.

I was going to say to get the matching Palladium sub.  I heard the P-38's, the center, the surrounds, and the sub, in Indy when they first came out, and I also got to hear the P-39's without the sub.  The sub provided a valuable additional foundation to the bass, from the string basses in classical music, so I considered the P-38 combination w/sub to be especially outstanding.  Nice and seamless, a terrific blend of music from top to bottom,

Quality amplification is important.  The Aragon electronics were excellent, whereas the Integra pre-pro they had a few years later left something to be desired IMO. 

Edited by LarryC
  • Like 1

I just installed a P27c and quickly went to HBO and San Andreas was on. I just wanted to hear a movie playing. All I can say is Holy Moly :D

I can't believe how much presence this center speaker has, way more bass and punch than I was expecting. The P27c sure made a HUGE difference in the front LCR.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

P37's on a new mcintosh c47/older 2255, they sounded great out of the box as well as with an older c32 pre ; after they got broken in say around 120 hours or so and I switched out the pre to the new c47 there was a significant difference in sound. So so lovely. Oh yeah I also use the 115 for the low frequencies. For my ears I like the sub there for the bottom end. As for home theatre I switch the 37's and sub to a Yamaha rx2040 avr (27 always connected to avr) and it sounds really good to me for movies. Haven't heard the palladium sub in a set up so can't comment on that. But yeah the 37's with a sub sound amazing to me especially at this new discounted price point.

Edited by Rhoddog
  • Like 3

I just got my 37's pinned up and they are very perfect for my room. I have had P39's, Belles, Cornwalls, RF7's, RC7's Heeresys, KLF 20's, KLF 30's and maybe something else and these are it. The KLF 20's in this room were second best but then I never had them hooked up to these electronics. My wife is in love with the looks, their physical size is perfect and they of course sound fantastic.

At a fair amount under $4k I think they're a very good buy. I will keep these forever. Can't wait for the sub to get here

• Like 3

rgdawsonco:

Congrats on acquiring the Palladium! 

I’ve just posted my comments about my Palladium here:   https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/163702-subwoofer-recommendation-for-palladium-setup/?p=2015896

I also own RF-7 and RF-7 II.   The RF-7 II are capable of deeper bass than the P-37F.  (Of course, with a subwoofer, bass is not an issue.)  Both are capable of great sound given the right amp and excellent source material.

There is no comparison IMO in terms of aesthetics.  The Palladium P-37F are very handsome.  My Palladium have the merlot finish, which I prefer compared to espresso.  (My RF-7 II are black.   I imagine the cherry finish would look better.)   The P-312W subwoofer is significantly better looking than the R-115SW, and of course the P-312W complements the style of the P-37F. 

Like you, I can’t accommodate the size of the heritage line (too wide), so I can’t offer a comparison between Palladium and Klipschorn, LaScala, or Jubilee.

Bottom line, I’m satisfied with both my Palladium and my RF-7 II.   (I prefer tube amps with tone controls.  I listen to classical music and opera.)    Do my Palladium sound better than my Snell Type CV?   Well ... there are trade-offs …  

Keep us posted!

Edited by robert_kc

I just ordered 2 of the bookshelves and the matching center in Natural. Now the ever familiar waiting game begins..

I can't wait to get these babies!

My natural-edge TV stand is very dark, almost black so I went with the lighter finish to contrast the stand. I also think the natural looked like zebra wood and I love that look.

• Like 2

I just ordered 2 of the bookshelves and the matching center in Natural. Now the ever familiar waiting game begins..

My natural-edge TV stand is very dark, almost black so I went with the lighter finish to contrast the stand. I also think the natural looked like zebra wood and I love that look.

i was wondering and waiting for this post. i knew you would come around on these eventually

• Like 1

Couldn't pass up on the crazy deals. Hopefully this purchase will put an end to my search for audio bliss.

Who am I kidding, my search will never be over. I like buying new gear like you do. Haha

Couldn't pass up on the crazy deals. Hopefully this purchase will put an end to my search for audio bliss.

Who am I kidding, my search will never be over. I like buying new gear like you do. Haha

yeah buddy! I thought about buying another set of the bookshelves to save for a later date for a hopeful 2 channel room I'll have some day but the DIY world has turned me on to many new and exciting things.
  • Like 1

Awesome….congrats. 

• Like 1

It's been a bit - pics? Updates?  Impressions?!  Inquiring minds...

I posted some pics of mine and some initial impressions here:

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/162963-new-palladiums-in-the-house-picsresults/?p=2000070

Bottom line: I love the Palladiums!  I could not be more satisfied.

My RT-10D sub is still broke, but a found a place that fixed it for $180 and I am expecting the parts back in a few days.  So I am just using a spare SW-311 until my RT-10D is ready.  I may try using both in a dual sub setup, as the RT-10D and SW-311 are fairly similar within limits.  I almost decided to get the Palladium sub or an SVS sub, but with all the money I've spent lately and a wedding to pay for next month, I'm holding off and making do with what I have.

I just think the Palladiums are awesome.  I hope, hope, hope that Klipsch is not abandoning this market segment and will have a followup to the Palladium line.  But I am probably set for life now.

• Like 2

I doubt they will follow up with them. They are just too expensive. To me Klipsch doesn't have a "high end" name so most won't spend the money on them. They are nice. I enjoyed mine very much while I had them.

I hear ya.  And it IS about making a profit.  But Chevy still has the Corvette, but the Corvette actually is a great value, whereas I could not say the Palladiums are a great value, just great.  It's a halo product. Oh well, glad I got mine.