Pro La scala?

flat4

New here guys!Looking for some used La scala for home use.I see pro style are the two box.What are the going rate on these?The only home models I have come across so far are the older one piece cabinet.Thanks!

Where are you located?  That can make a difference in price if you have to drive a long way to pick them up.  Shipping them is not cost effective.

The variables are condition, type of finish, type of crossover (like A, or AA) and whether or not they have they been upgraded or reconditioned.  The rule of thumb is that after 20 years or so the LS components will start to degrade and need re-capped, and other parts are routinely upgraded with the caps, a cost of up to $245 for a pair of replacement Bob Crites crossover networks.

Upgraded LS's can go for $1500 and up, ones in poor shape or with upgrades needed can be $600.  If you could find some LS with upgraded crossovers they can absolutely be worth $1500.  There are many mods available for the La Scalas.

For a pair of La Scalas for home use in good/excellent condition, no upgrades and available for pickup locally (within an hour drive one way) the price range is approximately $800-1200, usually towards the higher end. 

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

Where are you located?  That can make a difference in price if you have to drive a long way to pick them up.  Shipping them is not cost effective.

The variables are condition, type of finish, type of crossover (like A, or AA) and whether or not they have they been upgraded or reconditioned.  The rule of thumb is that after 20 years or so the LS components will start to degrade and need re-capped, and other parts are routinely upgraded with the caps, a cost of up to $245 for a pair of replacement Bob Crites crossover networks.

Upgraded LS's can go for $1500 and up, ones in poor shape or with upgrades needed can be $600.  If you could find some LS with upgraded crossovers they can absolutely be worth $1500.  There are many mods available for the La Scalas.

For a pair of La Scalas for home use in good/excellent condition, no upgrades and available for pickup locally (within an hour drive one way) the price range is approximately $800-1200, usually towards the higher end. 

Thanks for the info!Just missed a single cabinet pair for 850.There is a pair for 1500 that looks good but no mention of upgrades.Gonna see if i can get in touch with the seller today and if they check out ok will offer 800 and go from there.

Dave, Do I sense the WAF was a bit low?  (Inside joke flat4)

:lol:   Low WAF?  Do you think?

I may be bringing mine to your house for safekeeping! 

+++

But you can help me out if you'll trade even for my fine, vintage La Scalas for what you have in your newly minted avatar.  

Buddy.  B) 

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1