? Rotating, or spinning older woofers 180 degrees ?

Karsoncookie

Mustang Guy- So you are the one to credit for the speaker to come out of the closet?  Lars

HAHA Funny!  It was bound to come out eventually.

I coulda sent the driver back but I felt sorry for her. I was going to throw it out if I couldn't fix it.  :)

Once upon a time I had a Forte woofer that exhibited a mechanically "scratchy" sound at mid-to-high volumes and I didn't know what to do! Who wants to spend $100.00 plus on a replacement?!? "Not I" said me! So, an appeal was made to the venerable Klipsch Forum: "What then must one do to fix this scratchy woofer?" One knowledgeable veteran replied "turn the speaker 180 degrees" and so then afterward problem was indeed fixed!

-True story.

I hear and believe that.  Lars

• Moderators

Once upon a time I had a Forte woofer that exhibited a mechanically "scratchy" sound at mid-to-high volumes and I didn't know what to do! Who wants to spend $100.00 plus on a replacement?!? "Not I" said me! So, an appeal was made to the venerable Klipsch Forum: "What then must one do to fix this scratchy woofer?" One knowledgeable veteran replied "turn the speaker 180 degrees" and so then afterward problem was indeed fixed!

-True story.

That's what I was thinking, there is very little clearance in the winding that goes into the magnet, if it sags it should rub and make noise which would be very close if not to late to fix already.  ? Can't hurt to rotate.

• Like 1