Wow, these Colorado guys must be strapped for cash

mattSER

I think the CF-1's may be $400 - see the last line of his ad?

Actually, it looks like they are $300 now. I'm tempted, as my first foray into Klipsch speakers, but think I want to start my journey with a nice pair of Heresy speakers. Just waiting for a nice pair to show up locally.

• Like 1

I think the CF-1's may be $400 - see the last line of his ad?

Actually, it looks like they are $300 now. I'm tempted, as my first foray into Klipsch speakers, but think I want to start my journey with a nice pair of Heresy speakers. Just waiting for a nice pair to show up locally.

Yeah, skip the CF-1s. Start with Fortes, Heresy's, or some larger Reference towers.

Are you in the Denver metro area? How much are you looking to spend?

Yes, I'm in the Denver area. At this point I have no idea if I will get along with the Klipsch house sound, if there is such a thing. I have gravitated towards British components and speakers (e.g. Naim/Linn), but have always wanted to try some high efficiency speakers at the end of some tube amps. So really i'm looking at a way to sample Klipsch without breaking the bank, with the idea of moving them on and moving up the line if like what I hear. I can see myself ending with some Cornwalls, maybe, but hifi is so personal I have no idea . There was a sweet looking pair on CL not too long ago that were in Brazilian finish for ~$1300. But probably too much of a leap for me to dive into at the start, not to mention where they would fit in our living room. So if I can get some nice condition Heresy speakers, that seems like a good place to start. After all, they have been making that speaker for so long they must be doing something right with that design. I think the going rate for Heresy speakers is $400-$600.

• 2 weeks later...