Cornwall I opportunity

revox2tr

You're welcome. My only real advice is BUY them.

+1

At the mentioned price I'd say buy them.

It's a great opportunity to try on some Corns, & if they aren't what you expected you'll likely get out of them for net $0 if they don't "do it" for you.

Best of luck and please do report on your decision.

Edited by Arrow#422
  • Like 1

Hooked them to my reel to reel and SS amp, first impression confirms the great luck that I had, I got my first Klipsch speakers (Heresy I) a while ago unintentionally I may say.

Also joining this forum was a great decision, lots of encouragement and great posts that are so valuable. 

I have to admit that I was quite intrigued that so many people are part of the Klipsch community and some own a few pairs of different speakers made by Klipsch.

I owned Tannoy, PMC, Merlin and Neumann speakers and listened/tested other, now 39 years old Cornwalls.

I bought them without checking with proper amplification and line source, instinctively.

After a short listening session I can say the sound is live - my tape recordings sound like live performance. Eng. Klipsch was an artist.

I will soon hook them up with a tube amp (using 211) and so on.

The speakers are wonderful.

Will follow up.

Edited by revox2tr

I you change out those old Capacitors or in fact the entire cross over network, you will be gifted nirvana. the old oil caps work, but there is much to be gained by replacement... and the sound change is not subtle.

Granularity will disappear, dimension and separation will be greatly increased.

My old B series networks looked in better condition than your do and at one point I started replacing drivers because the sound had gotten so bad, that I was sure that the drivers were blown, they were crackling and shrieking. Finally I changed out my XO's and VIOLA, beautiful music.

Edited by Schu

Hooked them to my reel to reel and SS amp, first impression confirms the great luck that I had, I got my first Klipsch speakers (Heresy I) a while ago unintentionally I may say.

Also joining this forum was a great decision, lots of encouragement and great posts that are so valuable. 

I have to admit that I was quite intrigued that so many people are part of the Klipsch community and some own a few pairs of different speakers made by Klipsch.

I owned Tannoy, PMC, Merlin and Neumann speakers and listened/tested other, now 39 years old Cornwalls.

I bought them without checking with proper amplification and line source, instinctively.

After a short listening session I can say the sound is live - my tape recordings sound like live performance. Eng. Klipsch was an artist.

I will soon hook them up with a tube amp (using 211) and so on.

The speakers are wonderful.

Will follow up.

NICE acquisition.  

Beware, many here will encourage you to spend your money - but only to ensure the Klipsch hand continues to liberate the uninitiated.  

Enjoy them, and welcome to the group.

Your audio ride has now just begun.

• Like 2