Any Opinions on The Mullard EL34 Reissues

thebes

I've run the Mullard reissues in my Dynaco ST70 and they sound good, not sure about longevity because I pulled them after about 10 hours to use in a guitar amp. The amp they were put in is still going strong after at least 100 hours. The original Winged C tubes were my favorite new production EL34, but the prices have gone through the roof. I've had good luck with JJ EL34's and 6CA7's, EH 6CA7's in the ST70 as well. I currently have the JJ 6CA7's in it, they sound excellent, the bias has not drifted at all and they are about $70 for a matched, burned in quad, depending on where you purchase them.

$70 a quad, sounds good to me!

Actually, I just ordered an Apex matched, burned in quad for $63.60, JJ 6CA7. This has become one of my favorite tubes for Hi Fi and guitar amps. This is the third set I've put in my Dynaco over the past year, not because they fail or have any issues, I end up pulling them for customer guitar amps, as in emergency, have a gig tonight type scenarios. Excellent tubes.