Alert - 1000 K-Horns

Gorm

Walnut Laq, not sure on year.

I spoke with the person, they were her brothers. I don't have room for them even at this price. They do look a bit rough, but would probably clean up easy.

Number Removed by request of new owner.

post-47947-0-39820000-1457807206.jpg

post-47947-0-98100000-1457807222.jpg

post-47947-0-67340000-1457807229.jpg

post-47947-0-30660000-1457807234.jpg

Located in Cedar Rapids, IA.

Go get them, they have been alerted.

Edited by Gorm

The race is on...? :)

Not for me at least. I'm trying to learn restraint. Plus I have already decided at the beginning of the year I was going to build up my amplifier section before looking at speakers again. So I'm safely not a contender.

• Like 2

Not for me at least. I'm trying to learn restraint. Plus I have already decided at the beginning of the year I was going to build up my amplifier section before looking at speakers again. So I'm safely not a contender

I hear you, wish I was!

hi guys... i just got home from looking at these & thought id pass on some details for anyone interested, the pics are a little deceiving & dont show any real detail or specifics.  these are AA x-overs, she said she thinks they were bought in 1989 by her brother but i think AA's are older than that arent they?  

cosmetics:  lots of scratches in the veneer on the tops & the face of the bass bins. most corners have small chipped off pieces of the veneer. scratches about 1-2" long that broke clean through the veneer on the face of one bass bin, also the very bottom horizontal 2" piece of trim board is missing a 1-2" piece off the end.  all in all they sounded ok at lower levels, but the cosmetics are very bad for anyone that cares about that... would make great garage/shop speakers though!  i offered a little less than $1000 & they passed so seems pretty firm on the $1000 ballpark. let me know if anyone needs any other details. 

update:  well the seller called me back yesterday to make a counter offer & we were able to work out a deal.  they are home here now & i will post up some pics before i clean them up as best as i can & put them in their new home. as has been mentioned,  i think they are worth the price because they seem to work ok,  just wish they werent quite so beat up, thats why i initially passed, im kind of picky about the cosmetics since thats a big part of klipsch to me but i would have paid the asking price if they were a little prettier.  just wanted to update this so anyone curious knows they are sold & the ladys phone doesnt ring off the hook!  ;)

• Like 6

hi guys... i just got home from looking at these & thought id pass on some details for anyone interested, the pics are a little deceiving & dont show any real detail or specifics.

these are AA x-overs, she said she thinks they were bought in 1989 by her brother but i think AA's are older than that arent they?

From Crites Website:

Next, we have the Type AA crossover.  This one was used in the Khorn, LaScala and Belle Klipsch from around 1971 to about 1982.  The circuit is similar to the type A as far as the midrange and woofer is concerned, but adds tweeter protection to protect the very delicate K-77 tweeter.

http://www.critesspeakers.com/crossovers.html

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

Sad that any speaker could get in the shape of 3 or 4 out of 10.

:(  

fully agree, but yeah that was just the cosmetics at first glance sitting on a dirty & wet garage floor.  they might clean up to a 5'ish but the sound could be 10+!