Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 L & R channels intermittently lose signal [Pictures inside]

drewbeh

Hey guys,

I've had my 2.1s for over 10 years now with minor issue, just some volume knob scratchiness. Over the past couple of years I began to notice a more serious issue. The right channel would consistently lose signal. Usually with a little physical nudging of the sub the signal would come back. Over time it became more and more common, and now the left channel sees a similar issue. I opened up the sub to see how the internals look and attached are some pictures. I know some of this is glue, but something doesn't seem right.

post-62556-0-80920000-1457903515_thumb.jpost-62556-0-42520000-1457903521_thumb.jpost-62556-0-88520000-1457903526_thumb.jpost-62556-0-95200000-1457903533_thumb.j

Is there anything here that catches anyone's eye that has maybe popped or exploded?

• Like 1

I'm having a similar issue and was looking for a solution. Hope somebody has an answer for us both. Was looking at this and wondering if it might help or if it is the channel going out on the amp

SummitLink® Replacement Stand-alone Control Pod with Power Button for Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 Computer Speakers