new SI drivers

Paducah Home Theater

• 3 months later...

Posted on Stereo Integrity's facebook page last night...

We are currently closing-out the DS4 18” woofers for $229.00 per unit shipped in the lower continental 48 states (the cart will calculate shipping to AK, HI, and Canada). As of today there are approximately 150 pcs remaining in stock. Based on feedback from our customers we have decided to refocus our efforts on the budget end of the DIY HT driver market segment. We are currently developing a replacement for the original HT-18 model that can be sold at the HT-18 close-out price of $159 all the time and still make business sense for us. Stay tuned for news and updates about the new HT-18 v.2 model coming soon.

I went ahead and ordered a second driver so that i can eventually have a matching second sub.  

We are currently closing-out the DS4 18” woofers for $229.00 per unit shipped in the lower continental 48 states (the cart will calculate shipping to AK, HI, and Canada). As of today there are approximately 150 pcs remaining in stock. Based on feedback from our customers we have decided to refocus our efforts on the budget end of the DIY HT driver market segment. We are currently developing a replacement for the original HT-18 model that can be sold at the HT-18 close-out price of $159 all the time and still make business sense for us. Stay tuned for news and updates about the new HT-18 v.2 model coming soon.

I went ahead and ordered a second driver so that i can eventually have a matching second sub.

you know he has done this a bunch before. Said he was staying out of the budget end cause it stressed him out enough to actually hurt him health wise. Not sure I believe hat anymore b

I imagine that it is pretty stressful trying to manage a low margin high production product line.

i felt the same way when he said all that. I just made sense. Said he was gonna get away from that. And took a while to produce the ds4. Now that it's popular he's dumping it going back to an even cheaper ht-18. Not sure how much cheaper you could make that driver without starting to sacrifice build quality

you know he has done this a bunch before. Said he was staying out of the budget end cause it stressed him out enough to actually hurt him health wise. Not sure I believe hat anymore b

If you outsource stuff to China, all he's got to do is sell the things and rake in money. Probably much different than trying to build stuff by hand while making half the profit. I'm assuming that's the deal at least.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2016 at 0:46 PM, FuzzyDog said:

According to REW, if I take my current setup and add two subs in the rear corners, my good listening positions are virtually flat up to like 63 hz plus anything below that.  I have two empty boxes sitting there as well.  Tempted to grab a couple of these.  I've yet to see anybody who knew what they were doing sing the praises of these things though, plus closing them out so fast, just makes me nervous.  

I don't need more output, just wish it were smoother.  My room produces a big giant hump at 38 hz and something like 53 hz with the current configuration.  Two in the rear corners should smooth that out to the point of being almost completely flat on the REW graph.  

Check this out:

response%204_zpsaticeh0e.jpg

response%203_zpsin0tmzas.jpg

23 hours ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

I don't need more output, just wish it were smoother.  My room produces a big giant hump at 38 hz and something like 53 hz with the current configuration.  Two in the rear corners should smooth that out to the point of being almost completely flat on the REW graph.  

Check this out:

Can you not EQ those spikes out? 

On 8/9/2016 at 5:54 PM, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

Check this out:

That's a cool program. What is it?