Wedding sound and home theater upgrade

thekingofstyle

Hi,
I have a home theater system that's all wired right now, and I want to do some upgrades to it to make it wireless and add surround sound and subwoofer. I would not call myself an audiophile at all, but I like nice things that I can keep for a while.

What I have now:
- Pioneer VS-92TXH receiver
- Klipsch Heresy front speakers (Heresy IIs I think?)
- Center speaker
- Chromecast, BluRay, apple airport as inputs, general aux input for laptop, whatever

I have a two-part goal for the upgrade

*Part 1*
Add subwoofer and additional speakers to provide audio for my wedding reception.

The subwoofer and Heresies would be for the small dance floor area upstairs. Based on this post (https://diyreception.com/wedding-sound-system-size/), with 130W per channel from the receiver and a small 30x30 low-ceiling dance floor, I think that will have good sound on the dance floor and quieter music so people can have conversations in the borders of the room and in the bar area in the next room.

I am looking for wireless speaker options for having some music in the dinner room downstairs and maybe small speakers for the bar area.

*Part 2*
Add the subwoofer to the home theater.
Convert those additional speakers into a wireless surround speakers in my home living room. Can't be wired because of the layout of the room.

*Questions*
- Does this sound reasonable to you guys for DIY reception music?
- Do I really need a subwoofer for dance music? Most of the kits I've seen do not have a subwoofer.
- I've seen the Rocketfish wireless system that can attach to the speaker output or and other wireless systems that attach to audio output lines. How well do those work?
- Is there some other solution I should be looking at? Ideally, budget would be under $1000.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I don't know the answer to most of your questions, but if you add the subwoofer now the dancers will feel the beat more.  This doesn't mean louder, just more bass below a crossover of about 80 Hz.  Some people would turn up the subwoofer a bit, but leave the Heresy IIs at a moderate volume because the bass from the sub (below 80 Hz) won't interfere much with the frequency range of speech.

The Heresy II is a good speaker, and with a good sub, excellent.  My surrounds are Heresy IIs, and blend quite well with my sub.

Edited by garyrc