KA-1000 THX Amp

mcgonzi

Is it possible to bridge the KA-1000 to use it as a Mono Amp?I have 4 Subs SW-120 THX and would like them to run  with mono amp so each channel can be controlled separately but at the sometime I don`t want the output to be reduced

Hope to hear a good solution

Using 1 amp with 1 Sub does not give the same power of 2 subs in one amp

That is correct if the same as an RSA-500 Klipsch sub amp. it gives more power if just 1 sub is attached.

I would err on the side of caution about any bridging as per previous poster. It is a purpose built amp.

Good Fortune!

Running a single amp on each sub should yield the same output (power to single speaker) with twice the damping factor and more head room than running two subs on a single amp. The ka-1000 is rated 500 watts into a single speaker at 8 ohms and 1000 watts into 2 speakers at 4 ohms and since there is no separate controls for the speakers I'd guess that the outputs are wired in parallel to effectively drop the output of the amp to 4 ohms doubling the power but if I understand that process correctly it also cuts damping factor in half. I assume that you're running the Klipsch KW-120's? I'd try just hooking them up individually and see if that works for you, if you're not getting enough output that way order up 4 more of the subs and just run them in stacks. Good luck!

Edited by jjptkd
  • Like 1

It IS a mono amp. It just has two outputs for convenience to wiring to the suggested complement of two KW120 subwoofers. I wouldn't run more than that with it or risk blowing it up. If you need to run four cabinets, that would entail using 2 KA1000 amps. You could use other amplifiers with much more power, but you'd lose the automatic features, phase fine tuning, and any active eq built into the KA1000 by the Klipsch engineers.  

I'd get a second KA1000 if I were you. Or a completely different sub system if you need that much output. How large of a room are you playing to? 

• Like 1

I have 4 Subs and 4 Ka-1000

I would like too know if the amp is bridgeble

Using 1 amp with 1 Sub does not give the same power of 2 subs in one amp

From what I'm reading here, he has 4 subs with 4 separate amps. Instead of only getting the 500 watts per amp at 8 ohms with 1 speaker he's asking if there's a way to bridge the amp to get the full 1000 watts (at 4 ohms) to a single speaker cabinet.