Klipsch Badge Vinyl Sticker

bhames

Ok, not many details to provide but I wanted to find out if there would be interest from the community in purchasing vinyl stickers that would simulate the design on the pro badges on mid-eighties LaScalas.  I am in the process of creating new badges for my LaScalas and thought using vinyl stickers would be a decent solution.  The stickers are being generated from authentic Klipsch logo files.  

Since I am going through the pain of creating the stickers, I would order more than I need if there is interest and resell them to community members.

I don't have specifics on price but I am not looking to get rich off of this.  If I had to guess I would say the stickers would be around $8-10/each.

I will post more info as I get further into the process but I thought I would throw this out there before I make my order.  I of course can always order more in the future but could reduce cost if I order a larger quantity once.

Looking forward to hearing from the community.

-brent

Sounds interesting, but are there any copyright / infringement issues in doing this?

I am sure some lawyer would have a problem with it but when I had an email conversation with Klipsch support, they recommended I create my own because they don't make them anymore.  My opinion, if you are putting these on genuine Klipsch products there should not be an issue.  Again, purely my opinion, your mileage may vary.

• Like 1

Ok, not many details to provide but I wanted to find out if there would be interest from the community in purchasing vinyl stickers that would simulate the design on the pro badges on mid-eighties LaScalas.  I am in the process of creating new badges for my LaScalas and thought using vinyl stickers would be a decent solution.  The stickers are being generated from authentic Klipsch logo files.  

Since I am going through the pain of creating the stickers, I would order more than I need if there is interest and resell them to community members.

I don't have specifics on price but I am not looking to get rich off of this.  If I had to guess I would say the stickers would be around $8-10/each.

I will post more info as I get further into the process but I thought I would throw this out there before I make my order.  I of course can always order more in the future but could reduce cost if I order a larger quantity once.

Looking forward to hearing from the community.

-brent

Legally, a re-creation or distribution practice would differ considerably from a sales / profit generating activity.

Because it is always about the money, I was instilling a sense of caution with my initial inquiry.

Some corporations stringently defend every infringement activity they encounter, and others just don't.

Best of luck in your endeavors

• Like 1

Someone here once created a vinyl cutout stencil for recreating the painted-on logo on older Pro models, my recollection is that there was a slight issue with one of the letters though. I have some of those. 

I have often thought it would be cool to recreate the 1x6" matte black with white KLIPSCH metal placards that were used on LSI bass bins, HIP, MTM tweeter arrays,  and some other early models. Vinyl stickers wouldn't stick to pebble paint finishes and possibly have trouble on BG (fiberglass-coated) models, perhaps that's why Klipsch used the screw on metal placards. 

Edited by colterphoto1
  • Like 1