My first real speakers-I just ordered RF-7's and a Denon 4200 need help

Butterman

Thanks again to everyone for the feedback and suggestions, much appreciated.

So I received my R-7's and Denon 4200. Hooked them up and I was blown away right out of the box, no adjustments to receiver. After making some fine tuning I knew I made the right choice. Absolutely amazing sound.

I purchased an Epson 5030ub and Silver Ticket 135" fixed screen at the same time I had made my audio purchases. Put up the screen, mounted the projector and realized I HAD to have an RC-64 II to go with my new R-7's and tv. Got the RC-64 and then realized I had to have a sub and rears to replace my very old Bose rear speakers and sub.

Guys, I think I may have developed a very serious problem. I may now have an AV addiction that could force me into getting a second job. I just ordered another pair of R-7's for rears and 2 R-155SW's. I don't think I can stop....

Need help with an amp. I know nothing about them.

I can honestly say the R-7's with the RC-64 really don't NEED any help, they sound fantastic. I have a 24x20 area with an additional 14x14 room off to the side where a pool table is so I really want to fill the space.

Am I nuts and spending money on overkill?

post-62582-0-70820000-1460568968_thumb.j

• Like 2

you are not even close to the neighborhood of overkill yet. enjoy all you can.  play as loud and as long as you can. time will smooth them out for you. it's great that you are so very pleased. the nice part is that if you want more there is more in these speakers for you to enjoy. improve your source and your amplifications and your cables and your room and they will just keep getting better. there is no end only better.

Need help with an amp. I know nothing about them.

I can honestly say the R-7's with the RC-64 really don't NEED any help

They're fine at lower volumes especially crossed over high. I think you'll eventually find that your receiver will sputter out before your speakers will.

Guys, I think I may have developed a very serious problem. I may now have an AV addiction that could force me into getting a second job. I just ordered another pair of R-7's for rears and 2 R-155SW's. I don't think I can stop....

and you're less than a month into this forum..... this ride never stops, it just gets faster, bigger and more efficient. You should have grabbed the seat by the emergency exit but.......TOO LATE NOW! :lol:

and very nice set up btw  :emotion-21:

• Like 1

Great looking set up - you will be very happy for years to come and will have zero regrets jumping right in with the RF 7ii's and avoiding the costly upgrade path that many of us took. I have a very similar set up and I'm more and more impressed every day - I get home from work and look forward to listening to music with the whole family.

Thanks, really appreciate the feedback. I can't wait to get em-just trying to decide what the first song will be.

Great choices, B-man.  You did your research well.  :emotion-21:

Welcome to the forum.  :emotion-19:

The first song?  We got you covered.  B)

Great looking set up - you will be very happy for years to come and will have zero regrets jumping right in with the RF 7ii's and avoiding the costly upgrade path that many of us took. I have a very similar set up and I'm more and more impressed every day - I get home from work and look forward to listening to music with the whole family.

These speakers just keep on sounding better as they break in! I get a huge smile every time I listen to them. I almost forget how good they sound.