**SOLD** Klipsch RF-83's (Chicago/Milwaukee Area)

jayu969

My original posting seems to have database errors and will not let me update or view it so creating a new post.

The speakers have some minor scuffs, but overall in nice shape.

4/7/16 Update: I just added photos of the rear labels with S/N's and realized that the speakers look to be "B-stock" however previous owner black marked that out. I was not withholding this info as honestly did not check the labels when I bought them.  I know to some this may make a difference so I wanted to add this.

Finish: Black Ash

Price: $950 $900 $850 $800 $750 LOCAL pick-up in the Milwaukee,WI area preferred.

post-57796-0-14760000-1458211541_thumb.j

post-57796-0-86760000-1458211559_thumb.j

post-57796-0-01960000-1458211582_thumb.j

post-57796-0-89240000-1460025881_thumb.j

post-57796-0-55120000-1460025909_thumb.j

Edited by jayu969

• 3 weeks later...

I have added photos showing the S/N's.  I am embarrassed to say that the labels say they are "B-stock" (blacked out by previous owner).  I honestly did not review the labels when I bought them, but this is a "lesson learned" going forward as previous owner did not disclose this.  I updated the posting to reflect this.

• Moderators

Nothing wrong with B Stock. Usually you wouldn't know unless you saw it on the label anyways but definitely needs to be known

Are the serial numbers usually consecutive in B stock? I thought the Reference series had consecutive numbers?

• Moderators

From my understanding, B Stock are when the wood finish doesn't match the exact grain pattern with the paired speaker.  To some people, consecutive serial numbers are a big deal.  Never bothered me at all to not have consecutive serial numbers. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

From my understanding, B Stock are when the wood finish doesn't match the exact grain pattern with the paired speaker.  To some people, consecutive serial numbers are a big deal.  Never bothered me at all to not have consecutive serial numbers.

I was just asking for clarification for myself. I wasn't sure if the Reference line generally had consecutive numbers. I thought they did, but I'm more familiar with the Heritage line.

• Moderators
I wasn't sure if the Reference line generally had consecutive numbers

I would only be guessing but I would think if you purchased them new, they would more than likely be sequential but again, that's only speculative on my part.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I wasn't sure if the Reference line generally had consecutive numbers

I would only be guessing but I would think if you purchased them new, they would more than likely be sequential but again, that's only speculative on my part.

This was also my understanding. Just couldn't understand why the numbers weren't sequential or really not even close.