!SOLD Emotiva Xpa-5 for sale SOLD!

Scrappydue

Recently read a new data brochure claiming my kpt-904 were a 3.8 ohm speaker. So naturally I went looking for an amp to make sure I wasn't missing out on any performance. Well I spent some time with it and cranked to levels I can't even fathom doing for more than about 20 seconds at a time and I cannot hear a difference from Avr to amp. These speakers are just too efficient in my small room to need the power. I can't imagine how loud they would have to get to actually require that kind of power.

Anyways this amp was bought locally. I will call about the warranty but I think he said it had a few months left. These are no longer available from emotiva.

Price is 500$. Shipping and PayPal fee on buyer. Otherwise I will take any payment that doesn't have a fee.

Edited by Scrappydue

They are still for sale on Emotiva's site, but they're about twice what you're asking for yours…this is a very good buy folks, GLWS.

sorry didn't see that. They are on reserve. And for what I read on emotiva news it will be a small shipment and that will be it. The Xpa line will be replaced by some new line. Emotiva is no longer the bang for your buck that it used to be. They are creeping up in prices each new model release.

• Moderators
I can't even fathom doing for more than about 20 seconds at a time and I cannot hear a difference from Avr to amp. These speakers are just too efficient in my small room to need the power.

You discovered the very same thing I did with my LaScalas.  I went back and forth between AVR and AVR + Amp and couldn't tell a difference.  I did however with my RF-7, RF-7ii and RF-83's.  More detail, better separation and more bottom end, even at low volume.  Anyone with larger Reference speakers should really consider this amp.  It's truly a beast and a great price too. 

• Like 1

Great amp. I own two of them and recently sold another. $500 is a good price too. GLWS!

I was wondering where you were.  I thought sure you would snap this one up.

This would be perfect for your backyard tree house 5.1 setup.  :D

• Like 2