Klipsch Cornwall III few questions

Miracle1980

Dear Klipsch friends,

This is actually my first post in this forum, even if I read you guys from some time already.

As per topic title I would like to ask few questions/doubts about my lovely Klipsch Cornwall III. I have them from almost 2 years and I love these babies.

- From the speaker's boxes it was missing 4 rubber feet for one of the speaker. So since then I am using these (2 x corner to make it thicker) in the 4 corners for both speakers.

http://www.eliplast.it/prodotti/maxi/921_3.jpg

My floor is wood. I guess that it should be fine also because the Cornwall III have an added base compared to the previous series...

- Do you guys use it with grill on or off? I always listen with the grill on...

- Using a SS integrated amplifier of 85w x channel (Roksan Caspian M2) would I have any benefit in bi-wire them?

Thanks in advance for your time.

I leave you with a picture of my room.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8gQkoaisPLmcERLN3A4QTBiQm8/view?usp=docslist_api

welcome to the forum, and you have a beautiful room

i never removed the grills on my 4 cornwall 111's when i owned them and from what i have read on here for the last dozen years you won't hear any benifit from bi-wiring

Edited by Budman

You will typically hear a bit more clarity with the grills off and a slightly (likely not heard but measured) frequency response.  If the speakers are too bright for you with the grills off, put them back on.  Just make sure you don't have small animals like cats or kids running around the home if you do that.

Bi-wiring is another one of the "try it, you may like it" items.  Each speaker cable can have a slightly different balance, nothing dramatic, bug slightly.  This nuance may be helpful or hurt as an end result of bi-wiring.  You have to try it with different cables and see what your end results are.  BTW, you will probably notice more of what bi-wiring adds or detracts with the grills off.

In my garage, I've been known to put trash bags over the speakers to keep the dirt and dust off while I'm working out there.  Does it affect the sound?  Yes but surprisingly little... certainly acceptable for playing loud while I'm working!   :)

With regards to feet on the floor I found that a little change makes a bigger difference than I originally expected.  I'd try different materials and experiment.  I'd probably try a small piece of carpet under each speaker that extends out front.

• Moderators

Welcome

I like our Cornwall 3's also. Myself, I wouldn't worry about bi-wire and I like the grills on, to me either way makes little difference. The room and equipment and quality of the recordings makes much more of a difference.

Looking at the room it should sound great, looks very nice.  :emotion-21:

• Like 1

I think it's a cometic issue related to the appearance of your listening room.  If it's primarily a decorated room like a living room (like mine), I would leave the grills on to not draw undue visual attention away from the rest of your room.  If the room has a lot of audio knobs, meters, and metal faceplates, then it may be more important to show off your system visuals including bare speaker cones.

In my living room, the audio appearance is limited to mahogany veneer and black grill cloth, and the black TV screen. My tube amps are partially hidden behind the couch and TV console.  The rest is furniture.  My preferences, YMMV.

• Like 1