V.2 -400 or 4.2

Well, who has experience with both of these setups? I mainly play games and watch a lot of dvd's, but I see both setups has pros and cons. Are the 4.2 mids and highs still loud, even though they aren't getting as much power as the v.2-400s? How about the sub(s), I see the 4.2 has 2, but the v.2-400 has dual firing subs. Also, I can't find the v.2-400s on outpost.com, can somebody give me a direct link. several peeps said they have purchased them their, plus they are free overnight shipping.

oh yeah, how long are the speaker wires on both setups?

Thanks

The V2-400 and the 4.1 both have twice the satellite power of the 2.1, and I think the sub comparison is unequal.

You will have to look around to find any V2-400's in stock, or wait for the 4.1's to arrive.

I guess that most of us that have the V2-400's are happy with our sets. Some having had problems with hissing and crackles, have exchanged the high gain preamp for the low gain replacement. You can also buy the cp1 preamp that ships with the 4.1's.

If you can find the v2-400 for $249 with free shipping I'd go for it, but you may have to deal with a preamp problem.

It is reported that v2-400 had stronger bass? Recent post. Someone else says the cp1 improves the bass.