Wife doesn't understand the hobby

calhockey10

No, Luckily my wife isn't very observant and doesn't visit the basement often.

My second wife didn't like going to concerts "my favorite is to catch a Blues Band Playing at 21st Saloon in Omaha...Took second wife once to a show when Chris Duarte was playing....Her words "This Sucks"

Again my second Wife

Edited by Steve_S
  • Like 1

I would never sign that!  Thankfully, Denise has no clue what I purchased and when I purchased it, so I'm sticking with putting it in the shop and waiting a couple of weeks until it comes inside and saying that, "I've had that"  Works for me.

• Like 2

haha I'm 26 and she is 22.  I was like look at it this way I could be going out and spending money on alcohol but instead I am just buying speakers.  I was like think of them like an investment account.  However 3 road trips to 3 different states in the past 6 months doesn't help either.

Then she bought me a Sony receiver for my birthday for a total suprise because I kept looking at receivers.  However it was defective after two weeks so I upgraded to the better Yamaha one she was like oooo mine wasn't good enough huh.  I was like no yours was excellent but the Yamaha is just you know more reliable had to talk my way out of that one.  :ph34r:

Then she bought me a Sony receiver for my birthday for a total suprise because I kept looking at receivers.  However it was defective after two weeks so I upgraded to the better Yamaha one she was like oooo mine wasn't good enough huh.  I was like no yours was excellent but the Yamaha is just you know more reliable had to talk my way out of that one.  :ph34r:

Ok, you're young so you have to stop the "wife" buying you audio gear right now and get her settled on the fact that if you "need" gear, you will just go and buy it yourself.

• Like 1

What I did is buy something (usually electronics), left it in the closet.  Heck, I had a Crown K2 amp in the back of my car for more than 6 months.

Then, I'd bring it out or swap it.  "Hmmm....what's that thing????"

Oh, that's just something I pulled out of the closet downstairs....

Although I'm sure she knew, she's never let on that she knew.

So maybe, just possibly........???

• Like 2

I guess I'm with the group of fortunate souls that have forgiving and understanding wives.

Every time I say I want something, she says "well, go get it.' And when I tell her I don't have the coin, she ends up buying it for me.

I keep hoping that I come home one day to find that '67 Mustang Fastback in the driveway I have been telling her I want for the last couple of years....

• Like 3

my wife is 5' 120 lbs and been together since 1977 i still shake everytime i bring some speakers home and try and sneak them in. since 1990 time frame

7 sets of k-horns - 1 set lascalas - 4 sets of belles - 12 sets of cornwalls - 16 sets of heresys

1 set of RF-7 11's - 1 set of RF-83's - 4 RSW-15's

• Like 1

There's a reason I call my wife the PAW...Perfect Audiophile Wife.  She not only has supported my insanity but retirement to devoting my remaining life to the Regional Music Heritage Center...which includes Klipsch, of course. 

Pretty sure she's a keeper.

Dave

• Like 4