Wife doesn't understand the hobby

calhockey10

I was almost you, my friend. Until my ex left me due to unrelated matters. Apparently daddy issues are commonplace these days. The irony is I turned 26 this year, and she would be turning 23...chances are I wouldn't be here had I stayed with her though. She was a Sony/Bose fan.

Wouldn't know good gear or sound if it smacked her in her dumb, ex face........bless her heart.

• Like 3

This was just a joke she played today.  I'm sure she will love it because we just bought our first house and the basement will have a pretty powerful setup down there that should be pretty awesome.

Just keep that 20 minute rule in mind in case you need it.  :)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh The wife......

Been with my wife AKA (MKP's BOSS) for just over 25 years..... One of our 1st dates was to the junk yard... and she liked it....I new she was a keeper...

Loves going out with me, buying old cars trucks and parts..... She drove a 77 Toyota Landcruiser for years.... now she drive her Suzuki Samurai and loves it... 

She found our LaScala's in the paper 25 years ago and loves going on road trips to buy gear....

Yea I got a shop 15 minutes from my house and she's there with me most every day...... Hell she's THE BOSS  :D

MKP :-)

• Like 6

I've been lucky since my wife depends on me getting the best bang for our buck.

I've had a fair amount of gear pass through here in a last few years

and we've settled on H-K and our first Klipsch speakers.

The family could not be happier and I did not spend a whole lot of cash

but I've have spend some time on the mods--it was worth it.

Although this audio hobby is simply a hobby and not a for-profit-business, one could make the point that we buy and sell these commodities. Like any other business transaction, the profitability potential is created in the buy. Buy low, sell high.

So nobody says how long you need to hold onto said commodity before you sell it.

The items discussed here have enduring value for the most part and are a decent investment as compared to a Bose Accoustamass system that devaluates rapidly. The Heritage line is like buying land, they aren't making anymore (with some exceptions), so they become collector's items. Quality + Uniqueness + Desire = Value.

• Like 1

Although this audio hobby is simply a hobby and not a for-profit-business, one could make the point that we buy and sell these commodities. Like any other business transaction, the profitability potential is created in the buy. Buy low, sell high.

So nobody says how long you need to hold onto said commodity before you sell it.

The items discussed here have enduring value for the most part and are a decent investment as compared to a Bose Accoustamass system that devaluates rapidly. The Heritage line is like buying land, they aren't making anymore (with some exceptions), so they become collector's items. Quality + Uniqueness + Desire = Value.

So the short story is we're all becoming collecters items?  :D

Simply type up a similar decree for her, barring the purchase of new shoes/clothes, spa days, manicure/pedicure, etc... And keep it close by. Next time she complains about an audio purchase, hand it to her and ask her to sign it.

I guess I'm with the group of fortunate souls that have forgiving and understanding wives.

Every time I say I want something, she says "well, go get it.' And when I tell her I don't have the coin, she ends up buying it for me.

I keep hoping that I come home one day to find that '67 Mustang Fastback in the driveway I have been telling her I want for the last couple of years....

I've got one of those, used to have two of them and a 1969 1/2 "G" code Boss 302. Both 67's are "S" code 390 big block 4 speed GT cars. The one I kept is a deluxe interior with wood grain steering wheel, both consoles, tint, tach, passenger mirror, exterior décor with pop open GT gas cap, turn signal hood, and amber GT fog light bars, tilt, fold down rear seat model and my first car from when I was 15. It has 82,000 original on it.

They are only going up, so stop wanting, and buy one. :)

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer
  • Like 3

haha I'm 26 and she is 22. 

My wife enjoys reading many of the threads on here.  They make her laugh at times!!!  She said to tell you that your wife, at 22, is far too young to realize that she is totally in control of your hobby expenditures by virtue of having something that you very much need and want.  No cooperation from you?  Well, there's a way she can make you suffer greatly.  Need I say more??? :D

Maynard

Like some of you have mentioned, I have a very patient and understanding wife when it comes to this hobby. She's known how much I've wanted K-Horns since we dated, so when the ones in San Diego popped up on the forum and I told her about them she just told me to go get them. Now, I don't think I could bring the volume of speaker home that some of y'all have, but what I've brought home over the years it hasn't been an issue.

I do not understand the science, nor do I want to. I know what sounds good and what does not. Money IS a necessary evil. However, desire is an excellent motivator of creativity. A while back MKP told me he was online with a guy and they were working out a 'trade.'. He said we were going to load both vans, with all rear seats removed, with various speakers. Amps, drivers horns we weren't using and drive to PA for the swap. He seemed excited so, cool. Road trip. We got there, unloaded, reloaded 4 kp362 speakers that are AWESOME! Now we have a set at the shop and the other set waiting for us to build our basement system....oh, and big ev's for the deck...

OK...wait a minute....we just got the chorus 1's back, so we moved the chorus 2's over a little to make room, the heresy's on each side of the sw15 2 sub, the Polk SDA 2.3, and the lascalsas flanking the "wall" o'klipsch. He says now that we got the finished set back, we are gonna get rid of the other ones... I told him I don't want to get rid of them... I love the crown amp and wouldn't mind having another.. And I forwarded to him the emotiva that someone was selling...

O M G .... I think i might have a problem??? I need an intervention...

• Like 3