Wife doesn't understand the hobby

calhockey10

The wife gave me 1/2 the basement for whatever I want to do audio wise.  She recently found out I have some stuff stored on her side because I am running out of room.  So far she has not said anything.  I just walk softly and wait, he,he.

So essentially you have the run of 1/2 of the basement. 

Acquiring the other half could get pricey.  :)

I have audio and video in every room in the house with the exception of the kitchen and bathrooms. My wife "allows" it to go on, but she is not pleased. I just assembled my 12 inch subwoofer project this afternoon while she was out shopping with the kids. I just vacuumed up the area and put everything away and in she walks....whew. She will never know, and what she don't know, won't hurt her!

Tim

I'm very lucky. My wife turned me on to klipsch and is always supportive when i want something. Mother in law who lives with us bought my denon avr4311ci for me last year! Every day after work when i listen to music for an hour or two mother in law usually shuts her door but never complains at all. Wife loves it and will sometimes listen with me. Wife and i are going to see a led zeppelin cover band next week at hard rock Biloxi. Get the lead out. Yes i am very lucky to have her

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I always tell my wife I'm turning a profit when I buy and sell. I handle all of our finances so she doesn't really see the ins and outs. 

Whenever she sees me boxing something up for shipment she automatically asks what I bought. I'm always "exchanging."

• Like 1

I have audio and video in every room in the house with the exception of the kitchen and bathrooms. My wife "allows" it to go on, but she is not pleased. I just assembled my 12 inch subwoofer project this afternoon while she was out shopping with the kids. I just vacuumed up the area and put everything away and in she walks....whew. She will never know, and what she don't know, won't hurt her!

Tim

Lol thats the worst.

"What is all this mess?!?"

"Dont worry honey, its for a new Subwoofer..."

My wife is awesome and has been really supportive of the Hobby and likes the retro wood look of the LaScalas. I am actually building her a custom setup for her art studio with some white KSB 1.1s and a matching custom amp I am building based on a class D chip amp. I think part of the trick is to let your wife play her favorite music on the system whenever she wants and to listen to music together so its something you can share and she has a better appreciation for the speakers etc.

• Like 1

Mine is always pleased when I add to the speakers BUT

she didn't understand why I wanted to replace the LTS Tweeter

that came in these speakers--Until she heard the new tweeters.

This is one speaker I don't need to tweek--No added Bass or Highs

I set everything flat and they Rock the House.

• Moderators

I think that note could also apply to shoes, bags, and clothes that never get worn ?  

But I don't have that problem, my wife picked out our biggest speakers and most of the house also has speakers. 

• Like 1