Wife doesn't understand the hobby

calhockey10

my wife is 5' 120 lbs and been together since 1977 i still shake everytime i bring some speakers home and try and sneak them in. since 1990 time frame

7 sets of k-horns - 1 set lascalas - 4 sets of belles - 12 sets of cornwalls - 16 sets of heresys

1 set of RF-7 11's - 1 set of RF-83's - 4 RSW-15's

That's 92 speakers!!!

Holy heck :D

How many do you still have?

• Moderators

My secret is to NEVER question my wife when she wants to buy something (within reason). 

Wife:  I want to buy an overpriced Michael Korg purse

Me:  Yeah, that would be nice honey.  You definitely need a new purse.

I figure the more times I have those in the "bank", the easier it is to cash in on it when I want to buy more speakers.  Not sure she's ever seen my list of speaker that I've owned though :lol:

It is funny that one day I mentioned having 3 subwoofers and she said, "I thought you only had two"....oops!  Good thing I have a false wall for two of them to hide in.  ;)

speaker-list-09-08-16.jpg

• Like 4

Budman, that's just way too many damn speakers!

Youthman, what's actually in all those folders? Pictures, purchase info? Interesting.

Hockey guy, your wife should be working in the legal field.

Edited by JL Sargent

My secret is to NEVER question my wife when she wants to buy something (within reason).

Wife: I want to buy an overpriced Michael Korg purse

Me: Yeah, that would be nice honey. You definitely need a new purse.

I figure the more times I have those in the "bank", the easier it is to cash in on it when I want to buy more speakers. Not sure she's ever seen my list of speaker that I've owned though :lol:

It is funny that one day I mentioned having 3 subwoofers and she said, "I thought you only had two"....oops! Good thing I have a false wall for two of them to hide in. ;)

speaker-list-09-08-16.jpg

Nice list! When's the next pair coming in?

• Like 2

• Moderators
Youthman, what's actually in all those folders? Pictures, purchase info? Interesting.

Since I enjoy photography, they are organized photos I have taken of all of the various speakers I have owned over the past several years.

I've had a few contracts like that presented over the years.

Not about stereo gear, but about tools, and , ahem, other issues.

The tool one was silly, but the others, objectively, were not, and would fall in the category of "self improvement".   Funny all told though,  Lars

HAHA! It looks to me like you have a wife with a sense of humor. I'll take that over passive aggressive any day. 

Women build nests. Everything anybody ever says about anything needs to follow that fundamental rule. As a man, you need to understand just how important this is to a woman. If you have a wife who digs audio and big speakers, then great. If you have a wife who tolerates audio and big speakers, then respect the nest. If you have a woman who turns the radio off on trips because the music makes her nervous, then build a man cave 20 minutes from your house and fill it with all the stuff you want as long as you can still provide for the family.

edit: Yes, my shop is 20 minutes from my house.   :)

19C6855B-61CB-4DD9-94D0-8938EC11C200.jpg

Edited by mustang guy
  • Like 3

HAHA! It looks to me like you have a wife with a sense of humor. I'll take that over passive aggressive any day. 

Women build nests. Everything anybody ever says about anything needs to follow that fundamental rule. As a man, you need to understand just how important this is to a woman. If you have a wife who digs audio and big speakers, then great. If you have a wife who tolerates audio and big speakers, then respect the nest. If you have a woman who turns the radio off on trips because the music makes her nervous, then build a man cave 20 minutes from your house and fill it with all the stuff you want as long as you can still provide for the family.

post-61615-0-46280000-1458348702_thumb.j

my wife is 5' 120 lbs and been together since 1977 i still shake everytime i bring some speakers home and try and sneak them in. since 1990 time frame

7 sets of k-horns - 1 set lascalas - 4 sets of belles - 12 sets of cornwalls - 16 sets of heresys

1 set of RF-7 11's - 1 set of RF-83's - 4 RSW-15's

Trying to remember...  This is most of them:

(1) set of k-horns, (2) sets of Belles, (4) sets of La Scala, (1) pair Chorus, (4) sets of Chorus II, (2) sets of quartets

(5) sets of Forte, (1) set of Forte II, (3) set of Heresy, (3) sets of Cornwall, (1) set of Cornwall II, (1) Cornwall vertical,

(2) set of KG 5.5, (2) sets of KP-201, (1) set of KP-2000, (1) set of KP-250, (1) set of KP-301, (2) sets of THX Ultra2 7.2

(2) sets of RF-83, (2) RC-64, (2) sets of RS-62, (1) set of RF-63, (1) set of RF-5, (1) set of RF-52, (1) RC-3

(1) set of RB-5, (1) set of RB-75, (1) set of RB-61, (1) RC-7, (1) RSW-12, (1) RT-12d, (1) KSW-200, (1) KV-3, (1) KV-4, (3) academy

(1) set of KSB-3.1, (1) shorthorn, (1) Heresy Pro (HIII upgraded), (1) set of SB-2, (1) set of SS1, (1) KW-10 II,

(2) sets of KLF-20, (5) sets of KLF-30,  (1) set of KG4, (1) set of CF-3, (1) set RS-3

Still have ~19 pair in the house, (5) centers, (4) subs, (3) orphans, (1) set of THX Ultra2 7.4

• Like 2

I dig the S2000!

24290841109_e480df1d05_b.jpg

• Like 1

calhockey10, I have two KPT-684 dual 18" Cinema subs and two Bill Fitzmaurice Tuba Home Theater subs. It's enough to fill that volume of space nicely.

yamahaSHO, I love the S2000 too. Up until today and for about a week I have been driving her daily. I take it from the pic that you have an S2000. I have never road raced the car, but my son auto-crossed it once. With good summer tires it drives like it's on rails.

calhockey10, I have two KPT-684 dual 18" Cinema subs and two Bill Fitzmaurice Tuba Home Theater subs. It's enough to fill that volume of space nicely.

yamahaSHO, I love the S2000 too. Up until today and for about a week I have been driving her daily. I take it from the pic that you have an S2000. I have never road raced the car, but my son auto-crossed it once. With good summer tires it drives like it's on rails.

If it drives on rails, you're not driving hard enough!   :)

Yeah, my S2000 is my track car.  I started competing in NASA Time Trials at the end of last season and I'm already digging it over HPDE.  It paid out a free set of Hoosier R7's my first event.  It's helps that I placed first in my class.  

I couldn't drive this car daily, especially mine.  It's small, it's stiff (although good Ohlins coilovers), and drones...  But I don't even daily my STi, which I could, but when I drive it, it's because it's a nice day.   :)

Edited by yamahaSHO
  • Like 3