BOATY MCBOATFACE RULES!

BigStewMan

(CNN)A state of the art ship funded by the UK government for polar research may soon be christened "Boaty McBoatface" if online voters get their way.

The Natural Environment Research Council (NERC) opened a poll for the naming of the 129-meter long icebreaker, the largest and most advanced British research vessel to date.

The NERC asked for names that were inspirational, such as a historical figure or a landmark.

However, the moniker "RRS Boaty McBoatface" submitted by user James Hand quickly became the crowd favorite with over 26,000 votes.

In a far second place is "RRS Henry Worsley" with around 3,000 votes, after the British explorer who died in January while attempting a solo, unaided mission across the Antarctic.

Other unorthodox suggestions include "RRS Usain Boat" -- a reference to champion sprinter Usain Bolt -- and "RRS Ice Ice Baby," which for fans of Vanilla Ice needs no explanation.

• Like 1

How about Sharty McPoopypants

I thought this was a German name?

One of the streets driving to Parts Express in Springboro, OH is named "Sharts Rd."

Last time i picked up stuff at Parts Express I almost sharted from laughing so hard at that street name. 

BTW,  I like ICE ICE Baby for the name of said ice breaker. 

Mark

Edited by cincymat