One more page layout theme--a darker background?

Chad,

I know that there are always many things to do on the forum, but I have one request if it isn't too difficult: adding one more screen layout theme that can be used having dark or black background with white text.  I'm of course assuming that a new theme can be edited and added to the library of the present three user-selectable themes.

When projecting the forum on the flat TV screen while playing foobar2000 in the background on the main setup and browsing the forum in the foreground, at night the white background on the front screen can be really overpowering and glaring for my WAF and myself.

I do like the copper/bronze theme highlights with the white accents of the main Klipsch website pages, if that means anything.

Thanks for your efforts on this forum: you got at least one that really appreciates the work that you do.

Chris

Edited by Chris A
  • Like 2

• Administrators

Back when we migrated to this version of the forums, I had started a "Klipsch Dark" theme. I never got around to finishing it.

We'll be (gulp) upgrading the forums to the latest version of IP.Board probably late this year, which brings about all kinds of fun changes, and I think we'll have a dark theme ready by then. I'll make it a point to have it.

Thanks

• Like 3

Ok...  I typically am free to admit I'm a dummy.....  Looks like I'm going to admit it again!

I didn't know the colors could be changed so I started looking around.  

I finally found what I think is being referenced here....  and if so, am intrigued.

Enter a HEX value?

Really???

Might you consider putting a cheat-cheat next to it so a dummy like me can know what to put in?

Background Options
  •   Tile the image (good for patterns, bad for photos)
  • Background color #

Enter a hex value, e.g. ff0000

• Like 1

Richard,

At the bottom left of the forum window, there's a link to "Change Theme".  Click that and you'll see three choices

1) IP Board,

2) IP Board Mobile, and

3) Klipsch

...none of which have a dark background.

Chris

• Like 1