Forum challenge is so difficult that I had to call tech support

DVDMike

In order to use this forum and set up an account, you must answer a question to prevent spammers. It is what color other than black is synonymous with klipsch branding?

I said gold. This is incorrect.

I have owned klipsch speakers since the 80's. I grew up with a pair of la scala's in the family home. I currently have fortes, quartets, kg2, kg4, and a host of more modern speakers and 4 different klipsch subs in my home today. I've got over 16 individual klipsch speakers in total, not counting the 4 subs. But yet I can't get onto this forum because I think gold is the branding color. I even did a quick Google search and couldn't easily find the correct color.

Whomever came up with the idea that this is the best challenge question for a lifetime owner of klipsch products has really frustrated me. If their marketing was so great, I'd already know the correct answer and it would have popped up on google first when I did a search on the exact question. I am already rethinking my next speaker purchase.

Welcome Mike...sorry for the frustration, i understand as i'm a man of little patience.   Sometimes people just overthink things.  Don't let it affect your decision for your next speaker though. The performance of a speaker and the administration of a forum are two different things. 

Now that Chad has been alerted to this, i'm betting that he'll come up with a better security question as to not frustrate others in the future.

• Like 1

• Administrators

I'm sorry you had trouble with it. I recently changed the challenge question/answer (well, about a year ago I think) because spammers had figured out the previous one which was based on our company's established date. At the time, we had lots of marketing messaging all over our website that referenced the word Copper. (Klipsch Reference - which is referred in the question- is copper and black.) We use the word a little less currently, but most of our current products's speaker cones are copper colored - it's the only other main color we use besides black or white... 

I'll change it again. It's probably time to do so anyway.

• Like 2

The more I think about it the more I think the question is ridiculous. There has to be something else that can be used. There are black grills, gold grills, gold emblems, black painted finishes, wood finishes, paper serial number tags, and I have never seen any copper except with some of the woofers.

JJK