Forum challenge is so difficult that I had to call tech support

DVDMike

I am already rethinking my next speaker purchase.

Welcome DVDMike

And I have to say.............. really

Agreed.

While I can understand how it might be frustrating, if you're basing your purchases off of the "ease of registration" of a web forum...you may want to reconsider your own definition of what audio means to yourself. Because it's certainly not high on the list if a superficial thing like a forum is going to drive something physical like a speaker...

• Moderators
If you confused copper for gold, you need to get your eyes checked.

I confused it for gold (even though I knew it was copper and I have been a member here for quite sometime) not to mention that I have been wearing glasses since I was 2yrs old.  Not everyone is blessed with 20/20. 

I confused it for gold (even though I knew it was copper and I have been a member here for quite sometime) not to mention that I have been wearing glasses since I was 2yrs old.  Not everyone is blessed with 20/20. 

Yet the colors in your pictures are perfect.

Reference series has copper. Branding has copper everywhere. Heritage badges are copper. Old 80's and 90's series badges are copper. If you confused copper for gold, you need to get your eyes checked. 

My 1965  K-horn heritage badges are bright shiny silver on black with gold nails. My 1965 Cornwall badge is bright shiny silver on black with gold nails. My newer Klipsch  surrounds are black with no copper anywhere. My RSW-12 sub is black with black cones. Since I do video editing I am very familiar with the difference between copper and gold. Like I said the forum question is ridiculous.

JJK

Edited by JJKIZAK

• Moderators
Yet the colors in your pictures are perfect.

Wish my eyes could take the credit.  Youthman opens image in Photoshop...Image > Adjustments > Curves > Auto Curves.  Then applies Filter > Sharpen > Unsharp Mask.  ;)

I think it should be more difficult.....copper is easy how did you not see all those copper woofers? How about name one of Paul's Hobbies or passions besides sound? Or how many boards it takes to build a Klipschorn? Rick

1. What is used to hold RF-7ii enclosures together while the glue dries?

2. What are the corner modifications of the new K-510 horns called?

3. How loud should a home system be able to get according to Paul?

4. According to Klipsch, is a RS-62ii surround speaker considered to be a dipole or bipole?

5. Other than the dust cap, what is the biggest visual difference in a K-1089-AV woofer vs. their replacements?

bonus points: one of these is a trick question.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

One in eight males have some level of color vision deficiency (color blindness), female ratio is one in 200; therefore, statistically, it would appear that the forum could have over 2,800 registered members that may not be able to distinguish copper. :o

Edited by Fjd
  • Like 1

Reference series has copper. Branding has copper everywhere. Heritage badges are copper. Old 80's and 90's series badges are copper. If you confused copper for gold, you need to get your eyes checked. 

My 1965  K-horn heritage badges are bright shiny silver on black with gold nails. My 1965 Cornwall badge is bright shiny silver on black with gold nails. My newer Klipsch  surrounds are black with no copper anywhere. My RSW-12 sub is black with black cones. Since I do video editing I am very familiar with the difference between copper and gold. Like I said the forum question is ridiculous.

JJK

fair point. i didn't say ALL are copper, but i can see how my statement might be ambiguous. like i implied, the complaint is ridiculous.

yes this! I can't think of a single gold anything from Klipsch. It's always been copper since I've been around which isn't long but Jeeze come on guys.
  • Like 1

I think it should be more difficult.....copper is easy how did you not see all those copper woofers? How about name one of Paul's Hobbies or passions besides sound? Or how many boards it takes to build a Klipschorn? Rick

1. What is used to hold RF-7ii enclosures together while the glue dries?

2. What are the corner modifications of the new K-510 horns called?

3. How loud should a home system be able to get according to Paul?

4. According to Klipsch, is a RS-62ii surround speaker considered to be a dipole or bipole?

5. Other than the dust cap, what is the biggest visual difference in a K-1089-AV woofer vs. their replacements?

bonus points: one of these is a trick question.

Although I think these are worthy, the only real question should be "Who builds the best crossovers, and (extra credit), what is the best type and brand of capacitor?"

2nd place would go to:  What was the screen name of the last person banned from this forum?