402 Price?

HPower

• Moderators

I would think building a passive would not be easy or inexpensive. With the DX you plug in the setting and for the most part your done unless you want to make a change. 

Some here would think I'm crazy for not playing with it but I use the completely stock settings, it just seems to work just fine for me. JC installed the numbers in the DX for MWM's and I have not changed it, I did plug it to a computer and played with a separate program but always go back to the original.  

Edited by dtel

• Moderators
I would like nothing better than just plugging in the tested and proven DX38 numbers and sitting back and enjoying without too much fiddling.

Was thinking  if you had 2 stereo amps or a 4 channel amp you could do that and go back later and figure out how to switch out for your tube amp or any other. But it would get you a place to start so you would know it other amps or changes are an improvement or not. If you don't have two amps you could always find 2 that match at a good price. Something like I use, Crown D75's, I got 2 off of ebay for like $140 shipped. 

Take your time and think about all of this, and go which ever way makes the most sense and fit's what you want to do with as little wasted money as you can. You have a great start, good luck deciding.........wouldn't want to be you right now, I know how it feels waiting, but it will be worth it. 

what is the consensus on Pass' First Watt B4 active Cross Over?

Looks like a really well-implemented analog crossover...like Rane's.

NP does good work: I bet it sounds wonderful.

Chris

• 9 months later...
On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 11:23 AM, HPower said:

In my mind I believe an active Xover is the way to go but my heart does not want to let my Integrated amp go.

Not that I am lazy (maybe a bit) but more that I am not technically up on building passive, or adjusting active crossovers.

I would like nothing better than just plugging in the tested and proven DX38 numbers and sitting back and enjoying without too much fiddling.

@HPower,  Can you bring us up to date on your system?

Well, Khornukopia,

The system that is playing while I type this is as it was back in March when I started this thread.

I have taken my time, due partly to: available funds, spare time, waiting for bits and pieces to pop up, not to mention being

indecisive as to which way to go.

With that said, I did start building some bass cabinets back at the end of November, here is a teaser...

Start _Me_Up.jpg