Swiped Khorns - maybe forum awareness helps in return?

Arrow#422

http://spokane.craigslist.org/mcy/5502421836.html

Since the ad shows the serial numbers, I thought a forum post was appropriate in documenting for future reference long after the CL expires.

Craigslist Ad is as follows:

REWARD, sorry for the lead in. This item was STOLEN along with a comp carbon stumpjumper, klipschorn's, tools, clothes, tandem axle cargo trailer full of things. The loaded trailer was stolen from Secure It storage off Barker Rd, Wed June 13 If you have any info please call Spokane Sheriff at 509-477-5980 case 12-184842. Thank you, I would greatly appreciate it.

Mark H Schwartzenberger jr was caught with some of the items if that helps.
> > The following is a list of items STOLEN from Secure-It
> > storage on Cataldo rd.
> >
> > A 16' tandem axle enclosed cargo trailer loaded with
> > personal items was towed out sometime Wed June 13th.
> Please
> > keep an eye out for any of the following and call the
> > Spokane Valley Police or Sheriff at 509-477-3300 case
> > #12-184842. Thank you.
> >
> > 2006 16'tandem axle enclosed cargo trailer, white.
> > 1pr Klipschorn walnut finish loudspeakers. sn,
> 8610848,
> > 8610846.

> > 1pr Klipsch KG 4.5 black finish loudspeakers
> > Yamaha RX-V 3200 Stereo Receiver.
> > Audiosource Amp-3 stereo amplifier.
> > Teac reel to reel……………………………….

Edited by Arrow#422

Well, the last guy asking for help couldn't even produce a serial number for the his deemed "stolen"  - black laquer Lascalas?

At least this guy had the smarts to document his, and this post will allow for us to have a record of the S/N's long after CL expires.

Edited by Arrow#422
  • Like 1

I am not sure why you guys think it is a joke.

I feel bad for the victim and I hope he gets his stuff back. I also hope the bad guys go to jail.

Wow dude, lighten up.  Sure, I feel bad for the victim, and I hope ALL bad guys go to jail.  

I am not sure why you guys think it is a joke.

I feel bad for the victim and I hope he gets his stuff back. I also hope the bad guys go to jail.

Wow dude, lighten up.  Sure, I feel bad for the victim, and I hope ALL bad guys go to jail.  

Forget it 

There is no need to discuss this further.

Edited by PrestonTom

years ago someone on here posted a set of k-horns stolen and a member wrote

can you imagine seeing a guy running down the street with a k-horn strapped to his back.  so funny

some of the newer k-horns have 4 sets of labels and have 4 consecutive serial numbers for the top hats and the bass bins

Edited by Budman

The S/N's are correct and are actually sequential. Reason - they are either the bass bin OR the top S/N's. What's missing are either the bin or top #'s which would be XXXXX45 and XXXXX47. The serial sticker usually had both, but not always; the top serial was stamped on the edge of the lower top board. Look at the "pinned" Codex doc in Two Channel.

• Like 2

My brother's friend works at Pawn 1 in Spokane. Maybe I can give him a heads up. My brother actually got some of his stolen stuff back that way. Property theft is a huge problem in Spokompton. :(

Having to pay cash to the local Budtender probably doesn't help.

Well, the last guy asking for help couldn't even produce a serial number for the his deemed "stolen" - black laquer Lascalas?

I'd be in the same boat if someone stole mine.  Guess I need to record the numbers somewhere.

Well, If not documented you stand nearly ZERO % chance to recover them should they go missing - even if they turn up you'd need the S/N's to prove ownership.  Insurance companies require them for claims.  Big Klipsch speaker items like Belles, Khorns, Jubilees, etc may not just "walk off", but if they do get out the door, you're completely SOL without those S/N's & chances are you aren't going to replace them (easily) if necessary.  Even your car has an ID by way of a VIN#, so if you haven't done so already, get busy and make a list.   

Edited by Arrow#422