The All But Forgotten Klipsch KSP 300

ka7niq

• 7 months later...
On 3/24/2016 at 11:44 AM, T2K said:

If you need specs for the KSP series I might be able to help. I have some literature for the series if you want a copy.

Keith

I know this is an old thread, but guess what I found ?????

A Minty Pair of KSP 400's !!!!!!!

We have agreed on a price, and I should be picking them up this weekend!

The amps in the KSP 300's took a shit on me, so they are gone

I picked up another powered Klipsch Tower a year ago. It is the Klipsch RP 3. Too bad I had to get rid of the KSP 300's, I would have liked to compare them. The little RP 3 is no slouch, and I have enjoyed them.

But I have always wanted a pair of the KSP 400's, and now I have found them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ka7niq said:

I know this is an old thread, but guess what I found ?????

A Minty Pair of KSP 400's !!!!!!!

We have agreed on a price, and I should be picking them up this weekend!

The amps in the KSP 300's took a shit on me, so they are gone

I picked up another powered Klipsch Tower a year ago. It is the Klipsch RP 3. Too bad I had to get rid of the KSP 300's, I would have liked to compare them. The little RP 3 is no slouch, and I have enjoyed them.

But I have always wanted a pair of the KSP 400's, and now I have found them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool...think they have 3 powered series. RP-3 and 5 in the RP line and then the KSP line you mentioned. See them sometimes for sale.

Just make sure all is right and let us know. Some here have enjoyed those types...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ka7niq said:

pull these amps out , and do a  complete recap , the recap is the easy part ,   but once they fail - it's not as easy to repair -

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I realize this is an old topic, but I happen to have the RP-5's, the KSP-300's, and I'm picking up the KSP-400's tomorrow with the KSP-S6 surrounds.  These crazy surround speakers put out an insane amount of watts!  I'm really looking forward to testing everything out.  I just had all the built-in amps refurbished of the ones I got and new 8" woofers in the RP's. I'll see how the KSP-400's amps have been treated and give an update one what I find out.  If anyone is interested in me doing a video sound comparison just let me know! 

paul 

20211103_051040.jpg

20211103_051102.jpg

20211103_051242.jpg

20211103_051422.jpg

20210921_205046.jpg

107107308_1005737996526380_3144029642038182590_n.jpg

7 hours ago, Pashco.Ceo said:

I realize this is an old topic, but I happen to have the RP-5's, the KSP-300's, and I'm picking up the KSP-400's tomorrow with the KSP-S6 surrounds.  These crazy surround speakers put out an insane amount of watts!  I'm really looking forward to testing everything out.  I just had all the built-in amps refurbished of the ones I got and new 8" woofers in the RP's. I'll see how the KSP-400's amps have been treated and give an update one what I find out.  If anyone is interested in me doing a video sound comparison just let me know! 

paul 

20211103_051040.jpg

20211103_051102.jpg

20211103_051242.jpg

20211103_051422.jpg

20210921_205046.jpg

107107308_1005737996526380_3144029642038182590_n.jpg

Yes, Very Interested! I just gave my RP 5's to my neighbor for some work he did for me. They left here with fond memories! 

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi all.. i had one of our electronics designers re-layout the amp board for the KSP-300 ... Klipsch sent me the schematic years ago... the new layout uses the same amp chip but the rest is all modern components. We ordered 3 initially to test... but can order more if people are interested... the first 3 boards only cost $20 each to fab ... without the amp chip... i brought 6 of those from China for $6 a piece... all up i think around $50 as the good caps are kind of expensive these days

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GaryOrlando said:

I can email the schematic ... am i allowed to just add the file here do you think ?

Would put it here and in Technical/ Restoration section also...  @GaryOrlando

8 minutes ago, GaryOrlando said:

Hi all.. i had one of our electronics designers re-layout the amp board for the KSP-300 ... Klipsch sent me the schematic years ago... the new layout uses the same amp chip but the rest is all modern components. We ordered 3 initially to test... but can order more if people are interested... the first 3 boards only cost $20 each to fab ... without the amp chip... i brought 6 of those from China for $6 a piece... all up i think around $50 as the good caps are kind of expensive these days

On 12/30/2020 at 7:24 PM, OO1 said:

KSF-C5

Klipsch Synergy Series KSF-C5 Center Channel Speaker: Amazon.ca: Electronics

I have one, always liked it, but I got an "idea" to improve it. I noticed the tractrix horn/tweeter appeared to be the same size as the highly respected RB-5 one.  I saw an RB5 one for sale online, took a chance... & it fit exactly!!! Sounds WAY better now with the RB-5 titanium "top end" 😃

• 3 months later...