CF-4 receiver/Amp question

boricua2480

I posted this question on another forum and I realized it's meant for this forum since you guys have experience with Klipsch speakers,I've got Klipsch Epic CF-4 speakers up front. I'm debating on an Integra 70.6 and running a 2 channel amp for more power for music and I'd like to use the balanced outputs on the integra to a nice 2 channel amp. I've ran several surround sound receivers on these and I've never been satisfied since I've never had the right setup for them so it's time to try a separate amp in addition to a surround sound receiver so I can get the best of both worlds for music and movies. What experience have you guys had with the best sounding combo for these speakers? They're very temperamental with what powers them as I've learned over the years and am ready to squeeze out their true potential. Let me know, thanks!

I have never owned the CF-4 but I own a bunch of Klipsch speakers. Also, I consider a pair of JBL SVA-2100 speakers kind of similar to the KV series. I have had really good luck pairing my speakers with Emotiva amps. The Emotiva Ebay store "jadedesign" has several factory refreshed amps for sale at reasonable prices. You might want to check them out if you are not already familiar.

I think you are on the right path with a separate amp to power the mains for music. Once I went separates I have a hard time accepting the AV receivers.

Tim

Edited by teaman
  • Like 1

Congrats on having in my opinion one of the best speakers Klipsch ever made. Check out the below link for other owners of this fine speaker. As far as recommendations POWER give them lots of it I have an old Macintosh 2105 powering mine and love it. The recommendation for emotive is a good bang for the buck as well as the older Carver TFM series. Good luck and let us know what you end up with.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/159405-klipsch-epic-owners-group/?hl=epic

• Like 2

Two of the frequent posters on the Emotiva forum recently replaced their Rotel with the Emotiva gear so I am not sure about the Rotel. The SA-250 has a stellar reputation. Three different Emo forum posters bought that amp this week.Personally the XPA-2 is a great amp for the money. I have four of them right now. You might also look into the XPR series amps, they are the top of the line offerings over there.

Tim