New Palladiums - In the House - Pics/Results

rgdawsonco

Lovely set up . i am after completing my own set i just got the p39f in espresso and now hunting for the palladium center to replace my rc64II and palladium.  surrounds to replace rs62II. what setup did you have before  how does the klipsch center sound ? would you have comparison to say whether the surrounds are worth the spend ?

I had KLF-20's, KLF-C7 (center) and KSP-6 surrounds before.  They were great, but the Palladiums are clearly (no pun intended) better.  As for the surrounds...  Due to the layout of my room, I have made a compromise in the way I have mounted them.  I have mounted them on the rear wall, resulting in a 120-degree angle toward the back.  Dolby recommends 90 (directly to side)-110 (slight to the rear).  The KSP-6's are a triangular design where in my case gives me a woofer and tweeter pointed roughly pointed towards the listener.  The Palladium surrounds have woofers pointed forward and tweeters pointed to the sides.  So in my case, the way I have them mounted, I have only tweeters pointed at the listener and the woofers pointed substantially off-axis from the listener, potentially making the surrounds too bright.  For that reason I almost didn't buy the surrounds, but decided "what the hell, for once in my life I'm gonna get the whole dang matching package, since I might not be able to get them later."  The Palladium surrounds are great and I am glad I got them.  Its working pretty darn well, and I like them better (Audessey helps balance them out in my situation).  The P-17B are the same price and depending on the room and the situation, might be a better choice, but those would not work for my situation.

You definitely should get the matching center.

Oh yah, I wanna see a picture of your P-39F setup.

Edited by rgdawsonco
  • Like 1

Just installed the P27C…HOLY HECK….THIS THING SOUNDS SPECTACULAR!

I can't believe how much bass and punch it has. I haven't done any room EQ, and I am still amazed.

This thing is bigger than I expected. BTW that shoe is a size 12!

post-58190-0-75680000-1459471939_thumb.j

• Like 2

Captorman, are you missing the Klipsch chevron that should be under the Klipsch logo?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

why he's he is. Pretty easy to come off. It's a freakin sticker. My first palladium that showed up was missing. Then the plate that it was on came off during shipping as well. It was in the sock but did no damage. I was sent a new one immediately. It arrived unharmed. However after one wipe with a microfiber one mornings sticker came off of it too. I was pissed but what can you do. You would think klipsch could have figured out a better remedy than a sticker for a "cost no object" build. Perhaps etch the stuff in?

I can't believe how much bass and punch it has. I haven't done any room EQ, and I am still amazed.

attachicon.gifSpeaker.jpg

ahhh I told you it was fantastic. Best center without going to pro cinema in the lineup. well worth its sale price in my opinion. Edited by Scrappydue
  • Like 1

Captorman, are you missing the Klipsch chevron that should be under the Klipsch logo?

WOW…..you have good eyes, I didn't notice it, but you're right, I only have the Klipsch lettering. I'll look in the box. If not, I'll get a nice badge or something.

attachicon.gifSpeaker.jpg

ahhh I told you it was fantastic. Best center without going to pro cinema in the lineup. well worth its sale price in my opinion.

You were correct, this presence this thing adds is amazing. I'm going to have to check out some of the cinema/pro gear.

I hope to add the P17b as surrounds, instead of the 27s. They take more room but I've heard you and a few others say how good they sound, even in a L/R setting. My Klipsch buddy said definitely go the P17 route if the room permits.

WOW…..you have good eyes, I didn't notice it, but you're right, I only have the Klipsch lettering. I'll look in the box. If not, I'll get a nice badge or something.

I must confess I am in same boat. My box for my center was punctured when it arrived. So I unboxed it while the delivery guy was standing in the door. I nervously pulled the sock off. I saw no damage whatsoever, but there was this piece of tape stuck to the sock. Later, when I was putting all the packing material away I noticed the other speakers had tape over the logos. That's when it dawned on me what that tape was. I found it and sure enough, in the crinkled tape was a crinkled chevron. It had come off with the tape. So I called Klipsch and told them to send me a chevron decal. The man was doubtful it could be done but promised to email me.

I must confess I am in same boat. My box for my center was punctured when it arrived. So I unboxed it while the delivery guy was standing in the door. I nervously pulled the sock off. I saw no damage whatsoever, but there was this piece of tape stuck to the sock. Later, when I was putting all the packing material away I noticed the other speakers had tape over the logos. That's when it dawned on me what that tape was. I found it and sure enough, in the crinkled tape was a crinkled chevron. It had come off with the tape. So I called Klipsch and told them to send me a chevron decal. The man was doubtful it could be done but promised to email me.
doubtful it could be done huh. Like I said my entire stainless plate came off in the first one. Guess what that plate is held on with? Double sided tape. I left the tape over all my other speakers. Wanted that stuff to stay on as long as possible
  • Like 1

here is pic of my setup . Just moved house 2 weeks ago so needs tidying the cables :)

ohhh myyyy which ones did you order? 38's? And do yourself a favor and buy the matching center before they are impossible to find.

I believe those are 39s.

• Like 1